Superyacht Interior fitout project manager vacancy

Discussion in 'Services & Employment' started by swabbie, May 13, 2009.

1. swabbie

swabbie Previous Member

Aussie recruiter Command Group is currently advertising for Superyacht fitout project manager for Asia based company.

The company is not in Asia its Greenline Interiors in Dubai, so why the deception and is this acceptable representation.

If the deception starts at the application where does it end.

2. insider

insider Junior Member

hahahaha, I believe Greenline is more busy in filling their positions than actually doing jobs. No yachting company in the world can be so busy that they always need projectmanagers. When you speak with project managers from Dutch shipyards, they are always more than ten years at the companies. And where are the best yards in the world?

3. Russian

Russian Junior Member

Recruitment

Is this the position you are talking about ?
    This says "Dubai"-
    I found this on the Command Recruitment Australia website.

Job Search Results << Back to Search Results
    YACHT - FIT OUT PROJECT MANAGER

Luxury Super Yacht Project Management Firm based in Dubai is seeking experience construction professionals with hands on experience in HIGH END FITTING OUT Projects.

Previous experience working on Luxury Yachts and Private Jets would be preferred for these positions.

We are seeking :

Senior Project Managers x 2
    Design Co Ordinator x 1
    Site Managers x 3
    Please include salary expectations and your current or previous benefits.

4. swabbie

swabbie Previous Member

Thats the same advert and it has been adjusted to their credit.

A colleague in the industry contacted them over the misrepresentation, their reason..protecting their own interests.

It seems they have had another look at their standards of professional conduct and done the right thing.

5. Gypsie

Gypsie Randall Future by Design

We could all form a club: Ex GL Fitout Managers, I am sure there would be many and with some stories to tell.

6. Padmagireesan

Padmagireesan Junior Member

fitout project manager for Asia based company.

Dear sir,
    Dear Sir I am an Diploma Holder In Mechanical,Passed out in 1973,Aged 57 Having experience in Planning and Production control,Estimation ;Tendering,Vendordevelopment (Indigenous and Imported).Material management,Project management and Technical data entry. Fields- Fibreglass Boats and products,Aluminium Kitchens/Windows/Doors,Wooden furnitures and Shiprepair. I Would be thankful for your consideration against the subject post.
    Thanks and Best regards Dear Sir

K.PADMAGIREESAN
    KOCHI,Kerala,India
    Tel:00 91 484 2322085

Attached Files:

7. apex1

apex1 Guest

I agree with your statement about Greenline!
    And where are "Lürssen" "Abeking & Rasmussen" "Blohm & Voss" ??? Have a look at the worlds Megayacht toprankings.

Regards
    Richard

8. Rigger

Rigger New Member

You totally right , Insider, they look for project managers, leaders and so on all over the world since long time but,.....I don't really know if they found,....... not yet.....

9. wardd

wardd Senior Member

dear sir

i know next to nothing about building boats but this is an advantage as i'll work for cheap and whats more important building a good boat or the bottom line?

wardd

10. RHP

RHP Senior Member

I dunno mate but it looks like this Indian chappie will give you a hand......

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.