Robber 3E Re-build

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by BYC, Mar 29, 2007.

1. BYC

BYC Junior Member

I have recently bought a Robber 3E Cruiser/Racer in Bahrain. The boat is a hull only and I am in the process of restoring her to her former glory. Does anyone have any information on sail plans and rigging? Any help would be gratefully received.

2. David Allanson

David Allanson Junior Member

Hello. I'm completely new to posting. But I do have a Robber3e located in Liverpool UK. Although I have no detailed plans of my boat, my robber (Peterman) is currently in the boat yard with the mast down and hence I may be able to help you with some pictures/measurements etc. I will have a look at any existing photographs I have to see if they may be of help.

3. BYC

BYC Junior Member

David that would be fantastic. Just some basic measurements and photo's if at all possible. Many thanks in advance.

4. David Allanson

Have been away for a couple of days. Will get cracking over the weekend and get you some information. I'm not sure where to start but I'll make some measurements/photos of the mast first.

5. BYC

BYC Junior Member

Thank you so much, its maily the rigging that I'm interested in. Look forward to the photos. Thanks once again for the response and effort

6. David Allanson

I've now taken some measurements of the mast and rigging etc. I will scan in my sketch over the next hour or so. I have also looked at some older pictures and have found a few that show various aspects of the rig. Will update you later.

7. David Allanson

I have posted some photos, sketches and a copy of the invoice for my new rigging on my photo site at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jazz_dalek/

They are all in a photo set called "mast etc"

The scans of the rigging invoice detail all of the standing rigging requirements for my particular setup/mast and should be useful to you.

However I failed to remember to measure the length of the boom, I will check this on my next visit. Also I will recheck the measurement of the height to the boom as i think it could be .0.57m rather than the 0.507m as indicated in my sketch.

David

8. BYC

BYC Junior Member

David. Thank you so much for the time and trouble you have taken. The photo's are great and any measurements you can give would be equally helpful. I do appologise for my tardy reply I'm afraid work took me away from home for a couple of weeks. I will keep in touch on the boats progress. The new deck and cockpit is going on now and we will be ready fro the rigging shortly. Regards.

9. David Allanson

I still have to measure the boom for you and I will be down at the boat yard over the next few days. I'll also start measuring the sails over the next couple of weeks. I need the information myself and it may be of use to you in getting your robber kitted out. Glad to hear your making progress. I think you'll be very pleased with the robber3e, mine sails like a big dingy and goes upwind like a steam train! In fact she quite quick for her size, you should have a lot of fun.

Regards

Regards David

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.