Superbrick challenge $1000 prize if you build her

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Quidnic, Apr 3, 2021.

1. Quidnic

Quidnic Junior Member

mc_rash likes this.
  2. sharpii2

sharpii2 Senior Member

It would probably cost more than $20k to build that boat, even without using first rate materials.

I suppose, if I were interested in owning a liveaboard boat, which I could occasionally sail around the harbor, I'd be interested.

But I could likely own a proper sailing yacht for less than that, and be able to sail it offshore, or even across an ocean.

This is what is happening in the less than wealthy sailing community.

For this reason, crude but interesting designs, such as this, are going to languish for quite some time, if not forever.

I believe I have the knowledge to design and build a cruising size sailboat. But why do it if I can use this same knowledge repair and refit an already built boat at probably far less cost in time and money?

fredrosse, Quidnic, kerosene and 2 others like this.
  3. Boatguy30

Boatguy30 Senior Member

One is being built in Ireland I believe. On the Bolger boats Facebook page.
    My concern is how noisy the wave slap would be on the flat bottom especially sleeping on the Section partially over the water?
    Maybe run aground and only sleep at low tide?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.