Super Yacht Tenders + survey

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by JorgenBeyer, Feb 17, 2012.

1. JorgenBeyer

JorgenBeyer JorgenBeyer

Hello all!

Input on this type of craft are welcome.

And, If you have experience with superyachts and superyacht tenders, i would appreciate if you could please answer our survey:

www.surveymonkey.com/s/Q26K89X

It is for our Master´s Thesis project in Naval Architecture.

Thank you all

2. Stumble

Stumble Senior Member

Jorgen,

You need to narrow the questions a little. I have worked on a lot of different yachts, discussing all of them would take a lot of writing. Way beyond what I am willing to invest in your project.

3. JorgenBeyer

JorgenBeyer JorgenBeyer

I understand. But then you would be a perfect person for filling out our survey in the provided link. It contains very spesific questions.

Thanks!
    Have a great weekend!

Jorgen

4. michael pierzga

michael pierzga Senior Member

The size of the mothership is important. I work 20 to 30 meter sailing yachts and we can not carry tender toys.

As for environmentally feindly...yes...investigate electric. In harbours tender speeds are limited to less than 6 knots by law. Typical tendering duty is short duration...plenty of time for recharge. Guests on sailing yachts value a quite propulsion system which does not interfere with conversation and frighten the wildlife.

When you design your tender build all safety equipment into the tender...no loose gear.

Boarding is always challenging. bow on ... side too ...and from water into the tender .. must be easy. I deal with 80 year old sailors.

Visibility is an issue. I'm afraid to get run down by high speed craft at night. Reflector tape and robust easy to use running lights.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.