Submarine Yacht project

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by wellmer, Sep 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mydauphin

mydauphin Senior Member

That is a strange looking propeller. It looks like it is design to go in reverse. Any comments.

2. wellmer

wellmer New Member

It has obvious mecanic advantages to have a prop turning this way - nothing strange about it - what you see on the picture is not the finished propeller (screw for submariners) ...

3. mydauphin

mydauphin Senior Member

Thanks for answer. How did you arrive at this prop and what engine, transmission you have to turn it. I also wondering about docking such a boat with no thrusters.

I also see to no provision for anchors.

4. dskira

dskira Previous Member

I think the flag will be not a problem since it will be not a submarine, (or even a submarine, one was for sale imported from Russia) but a concrete floating structure like a offshore oil platform. No crime to import anything in the States, never heard of that. They don't care about the country of fabrication, as long as the owner is honest. Drug as nothing to do. You can import anything, they do not care as long your papers are in order and you paid the duty. I don't know why you find interresting, Wellmer, to invent problems which do not exist.
    Don't take it personaly, just I find your intervention bizarre. Importation are so easy for honest business man, which I am sure you are.

5. mydauphin

mydauphin Senior Member

Lets say I build a boat in Colombia and bring it for sale in USA. Don't I need approve manufacture code, hin#, some kind of safety check.
    I mean CG has specs on everything even on navigation lights. Where are you going to put green, red and stern lights... hull identification numbers,and everything else.

I do think it is little more difficult that a regular boat.

6. dskira

dskira Previous Member

Mydauphin, I agree with you. Of course the boat as to be compliant within any maritime juridiction. It's like any other foreign boat, the manufacturer must put the boat within the US regulations and vice-versa. This is not rocket sciences, it just take professionalism and realism. At the end of the day the manufacturer is responsable of its creation and be sure the people are safe using it. Anybody with good intention, solid knoweldge, and ready to disclose all the plans paterning to the object, and the finish product is well within the juridiction at hand, can import. If it's a prototype it is even more easy. Passing 100 tons it is more thorough, but if a good naval architect agree to revise the Wellmer plans and put his name on the line, it will be not a hurdle. For Wellmer the hurdle will be to find the naval architect. That will be the hard part. You can't import a boat of this tonnage permanently without certified plans.
    But I wonder why Wellmer want to import in the US, why not in the Bahamas, home of all the rich and famous in the world. Or France, the almost native contry of concrete boat, or Russia country of the best submarine designer in the world.

7. Submarine Tom

Submarine Tom Previous Member

Nav Lights

mydauphin,

Submarines don't show red, green and stern lights.

Have a look at those Coast Guard regs you refer to.

8. mydauphin

mydauphin Senior Member

I can't find any CG regs on Submarines. Have you?

9. Submarine Tom

Submarine Tom Previous Member

Nav Lights

mydauphin,

Submarines are to display three all 'round reds in a triangular configuration.

10. mydauphin

mydauphin Senior Member

Wow, now I know what to look for....

11. kc135delta

kc135delta Junior Member

12. rwatson

rwatson Senior Member

I dont think you have been reading the thread - how many CONCRETE submarines are in that bunch?

They are all engineer certified, insured, tested by 100 years of engineering research and practical experience with peer reviewed bulding methods and materials, driven by qualified and trained personell.

And they arn't going to be alternate marine habitats, with faces staring out of little portholes for a little bit of sunshine.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2009
  13. wellmer

wellmer New Member

newest submarine yacht pictures status

[​IMG]

14. rwatson

rwatson Senior Member

Yaaaay - its out of the shed! Wahoo. No we are cooking!

15. apex1

apex1 Guest

Ahh, now I´m quoting myself already.........................