submarine memoirs...the unfinished manual...

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by tugboat, Dec 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tugboat

tugboat Previous Member

Sounds like A good laugh to me...why a train? weird..as George Carlin would have said.

and no-- I never have thought of it...:p

2. tugboat

tugboat Previous Member

yea the sides would have to be incredibly re-inforced....to keep it from doing that...
    three inches for FC would be pushing it...
    the trouble too is attaching appendages...major payne!

It definitely does raise eyebrows being in Columbia- but a few things puts that to rest.
    1. they have way more efficient smuggling methods now and subs are pretty much obsolete from my understanding.

2. the subs that are built for drug trafficking are built in deep remote jungle areas...not public wharfage.

3.subs for smuggling are not fully submersible...they run just below the surface.

4. why would the cartels invest in a unproven technology?

5. cocaine is no longer the money maker it was...its had its heyday back in the 70's and 80's(I can personally attest to that!) not as viable as the alternatives such as meth and rx drugs which are now the rampant drugs of choice by pretty much most dope fiends these days...so it just not worth it.

6. if the cartels really wanted to launch it-and had a shipment sent it already would have. drug lords don't waste time. "messing about in subs" the Officials would have been paid off, and it would have been around the globe a few times already...so I cant personally see its viability as a drug runner.

3. NavalSArtichoke

NavalSArtichoke Senior Member

You have to read the thread:

http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/boat-design/train-submarine-48728.html

No amount of persuasion or argument could 'derail' the idea that only a train inside a submarine could carry the goods.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.