sub build underway christmas 2011

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by tugboat, Jan 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bntii

bntii Senior Member

Well I can't easily find it.
    The empirical results covering wall thickness vs diameter are described in the first paper I posted.
    Someone could check the features of the c303 pipe of interest to estimate external load bearing.

2. BATAAN

BATAAN Senior Member

You can choose quick, cheap and perfect.
    Pick any two.

3. BATAAN

BATAAN Senior Member

Thanks for taking the time to look for the paper. The other one is a great resource.

4. bntii

bntii Senior Member

I think the paper is on my work machine at the shop- I will check on monday..

5. Stumble

Stumble Senior Member

I actually tried to work through the math, since the formulas are given to determin the wall thickness of concrete needed to withstand any given depth. But to be honest the math went way beyond me. In that paper they did discuss a concrete tube capped at each end that was left submerged at 500' for 10 months (I think it was), the dimensions on the pipe were 9" thick, by 120" diamater, by 10' long, capped with concrete hemispheres the same thickness of the tube.

6. tugboat

tugboat Previous Member

I just noticed that...the prop is backwards. right now it looks like a mockup...
    good eye hoyte...it is indeed a puller! :confused::confused::confused::confused:

7. tugboat

tugboat Previous Member

some people- think the conversation in purchasing the vessel was staged.
    it is available on his website. or was. I feel sad for him - if the sub is not legit. and right now I think he is making excuses not to launch it. It is sad- if his first prototypes were genuine he had a good thing going, why go larger?

the man is still very intelligent, and pioneer. just the right idea- wrong material...maybe!

8. tugboat

tugboat Previous Member

what's the expansion rate of balsa core or core cell?

9. rwatson

rwatson Senior Member

What has that got to do with anything ?

10. rwatson

rwatson Senior Member

Intelligence has nothing to do with it. He was a <insults directed towards another person removed> that couldn't answer the most basic questions about elementary engineering principles. The tripe about 'confidentiality' was just a mask for 'I haven't got the foggiest idea really, but my clients may read this thread'

Like the guys that try to prove NASA never put a man on the moon, they are intelligent, but they are also pig-headed.

There are plenty of "I am right at all costs" guys that have a high IQ, but does failure to see the problems constitute a high degree of foolishness of some sort ?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2014
  11. Grey Ghost

Grey Ghost Senior Member

LOL. I clicked the youtube link and there are two videos. One is <removed> "self-defense - stick fighting volume 1"
    <removed>

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2014

12. Boat Design Net Moderator

Boat Design Net Moderator Moderator

It appears this 2012 thread has been resurrected as yet another rehash of the concrete sub thread. Since the thread has more than its share of jabs already, and since there's not any new development but only a rehash of the same, the thread is being closed at this point.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.