sub build underway christmas 2011

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by tugboat, Jan 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BATAAN

BATAAN Senior Member

The mentioned German book has a whole chapter on various propulsion systems that are non-nuclear, but can stay down 30 days.

2. pdwiley

pdwiley Senior Member

How many were built by a single person working alone, with a limited budget?

What happened to them? What happened to those early subs?

Why would anyone not pay very careful attention to the state of the art AKA the history of errors?

Why would you use a material for the hull that nobody else uses?

Would you urge someone who'd managed to build a kite on a string to tackle a helicopter as their next project, then test it by launching it off a cliff?

I don't really care if he does or doesn't build it as long as he takes no passengers with him; far be it for me to prevent someone from removing themselves from the gene pool. Stupidity (and wilful ignorance in the face of advice is functionally indistinguishable from stupidity) has consequences. I think the idea is idiotic and I'm going to say so.

PDW

3. tugboat

tugboat Previous Member

yes finally we agree...

4. FranklinRatliff

FranklinRatliff Previous Member

You realize, of course, the first people to solve all the problems of powered heavier than air flight ran a bicycle shop?

5. tugboat

tugboat Previous Member

ok ill end the discussion here and now- you guys are completely correct--it is nuts- i was foolish to think i could do it--dont have the brains or resources etc...plus its idiotic..

thus-can't be done by me or anyone else- why try because it cant be done--so its shelved until i can afford to buy one in proper materials and to whoever does sub classifications. someone made the best point of all--the views are boring-thanks to whoever said that-great point!
    its seriously much more fun to build a small tug and enjoy that with all the stress of not having to engineer something so complex as a sub...ok i admit it now and see the light

i agree- with all opposed!

now then- great! thats over with!--
    hmmm so what do we talk about now?

6. tugboat

tugboat Previous Member

the PDW boat building community forum policy: you must start the build first without posting on forums and dont ask questions until you have " substantial progress"?(whatever that means)...so this forum should be renamed- "the substantial progress boatbuilding community": advice for those with half built hulls!...??

sorry that doesn't make sense to me--to me its logical to post and ask questions first so you can learn - but your right about one thing-if i ever get back to the sub build -i wont be telling ANYONE about it...
    but ive addressed the sub build once and for all above this post...now then back to my boat project...

7. gundagai

gundagai Junior Member

sub build underway christmas 2011 sub build underway christmas 2011

Yes there is difficalties but there is the same with Mini tugs I get it as well. It wont float maybe but I am going to try anyway. Cheers Iggle
    From Tinytugboat.blogspot.com

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  8. tugboat

tugboat Previous Member

thanks Iggle-No ones "won" anything over me- ive made some decisions...in the future--if i decide its right for me-if circumstances permit-ill build it..i just wont tell anyone...
    ill check out your build--good to see others building tugs too...

9. gundagai

gundagai Junior Member

go for it

Mini tug
    Email me your address in comments on my blog and I will get back to you. Your email address will not be posted

10. gundagai

gundagai Junior Member

11. tugboat

tugboat Previous Member

sure...ill give u a shout...

12. mydauphin

mydauphin Senior Member

Building a submarine is easy... as long that it never submerges fully.

13. gundagai

gundagai Junior Member

I totally agree. If some one wants to build a submarine with out money and degree education then why not look to the lone Chinese submariner at this site
    http://blog.ziggytek.com/2009/09/05/chinese-man-builds-submarine-on-his-down-time/
    Oil drums and electric power and a few batteries, better than the wooden sub made in America during the cival war I think see it at http://blog.thomasdolby.com/?p=529
    As for concrete I had a mate who built a concrete canoe and it floated well.
    Who said that it can not be done and as I said to the originator of this thread go for it.
    And I will say it again Go for it.

14. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

Always have plenty of chewing gum on hand to deal with any leaks that develop, IMO.

15. tugboat

tugboat Previous Member

thanks gundagai-your wasting your, time talking to these- live in the box- colour inside the lines -types...gundagai- if they actually had God himself (if there is one)come down and loudly announce it would work--they would still be finding little niggling ways to hang on to thier ego's....yaaaaawwwwnnn - no sense trying to convince funda-"mental"-ists their steady state theory conventions might actually be incorrect...it scares the crap out of them! to think there sacred laws stating common folk cant do anything like this--so they will fight it--insult it-tease it-try to reduce it to absurdity so they cna try to keep control and hold on to thier secure reality that life remains predictable within the ideas of the masses.. . these people are incapable of free thought and ingenuity ..but to them thats insanity--anyhoo--back to my rhino for more design work...oh and be careful cuz-when they do start to lose an argument they resort to petty games like leaving negative reputations along with the usual insults on your thread reputation because they donn't have the guts to actually write it in the thread what they really think...right Tom?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.