Stupid question

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by kapnD, Mar 2, 2023.

1. kapnD

kapnD Senior Member

How do I adjust the font size? I’m struggling to read most everything nowadays, it helps tremendously if the font is large, but I can’t see how to do that!
    Thanks!

2. Boat Design Net Moderator

Boat Design Net Moderator Moderator

You can use the zoom feature of your browser to make things larger.

Firefox:

In Firefox, you can go to the top gray browser area and right click to enable the menu toolbar.​

firefox-show-menu-toolbar.jpg

Then click View -> Zoom, select Zoom Text Only, and then Zoom In to make text larger.​

firefox-zoom-text-only.jpg

Chrome or Edge:

In Chrome or Edge you can go to the vertical triple-dot menu on the right, and then zoom +​

chrome-zoom.jpg

Alternately, you can hold ctrl and scroll your mouse wheel to zoom, or you can hold the ctrl button on your keyboard and the + key and it will zoom.
    (ctrl + 0 will reset to 100% zoom.)​

BlueBell and bajansailor like this.
  3. Ike

Ike Senior Member

Not a stupid question at all. Actually you can change the font size. It's not as easy as just zooming.
    In Chrome find the three vertical dots in the upper right hand corner. click on the dots. Scroll down to settings. One of the settings is appearance. Select appearance. one of the items under appearance is font size. It's usually defaulted to medium. You can change it to large or very large
    In Firefox (Mozilla) click on the three horizontal bars in the upper right hand corner (this is nicknamed a hamburger). That will open settings. Scroll down until you see Fonts. Pick the font size you want.
    Edge works the same as Chrome. So does Brave:
    If you are using some other browser, such as Opera, Torch or Slim, to name a few, they all have basically the same way to get into settings. Once you are there you can find the settings for font size.
    If you are using a MAC and it has the Safari Browser (actually my favorite browser, but it's no longer available for PC's) then find the settings. There should be a way to change fonts.

BlueBell likes this.
  4. kapnD

kapnD Senior Member

I guess then it’s more of an equipment problem, as I primarily use an iPad nowadays.
    Some websites have preferences where you can adjust font size, I thought maybe I was just overlooking that.

5. BlueBell

BlueBell . . . _ _ _ . . . _ _ _

kapnD,

Can you touch-screen zoom?

If I double-double tap any text on my MacBookAir, that text goes to full page.
    Way easier to read.

6. Ike

Ike Senior Member

7. kapnD

kapnD Senior Member

I can easily expand the page, but then I can only see part of the page. Not great for reading.
    I already have selected the largest text size, so it must be time to go back to the optometrist!

8. Boat Design Net Moderator

Boat Design Net Moderator Moderator

On your iPad in safari browser, to the left of the boatdesign.net URL bar, you should see an AA icon.
    Click that and the top should allow adjustment from 100% up to 115%, 125%, 150%, 175%, or 200% which should make the text much larger. Are you already up to 200% there?

BlueBell likes this.

9. kapnD

kapnD Senior Member

Thank you very much!

BlueBell likes this.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.