Student Mech Engineer Looking for part-time work

Discussion in 'Services & Employment' started by member 14989, Jun 28, 2006.

1. member 14989

member 14989 Junior Member

I am a Mechanical Engineering student at AUT in Auckland, NZ. Have a NDME (National Diploma Mechanical Eng) and currently studing a Bachelor of Engineering Technology and BE at the same time.

Currently working part time at Peter's PRB Marine in Pakuranga as a sales/storeperson for 18months, which is the #1 dealer for Haines Signature and Reflex trailerable powerboats as well as a well established Mercury dealer. Worked at latest Auckland Boat Show. Have a very good product knowledge and passion boats and eager to have a career in boat design. Currently researching investigating the planing efficiencies of variable deadrise and constant deadrise deep vee hulls.

Looking for work anyway involved with boat design (including CAD - have strong skills in Solidworks 2005) or hands on construction in the Auckland area.

Any response or recomended contacts wuld be highly appreciated.

Contact Details

James Flett
    09-575 4707
    jamesflett@gmail.com

2. JFHammond

JFHammond Junior Member

James,

I am in need of someone who can take lines that I provide (no table of offsets) and convert them to a smaller vessel with CAD so that I can use my CNC machine to cut the molds for a mahogany launch.

Do you have such skills?

3. member 14989

member 14989 Junior Member

Hi JF

Unfortunately my CAD skills are in Solidworks, which inherently is a solid modeller and not a surface modeller. I have played around with Rhino a couple of times but definitly not enough to do what you would require.

I have used Prochine which is a basic hard chine hull CAD but the accuracy for which you would require, I would not think it is capable of.

Sorry I couldnt have been anymore help and thanks for the response. If you havn't already try posting a thread looking for someone who is experienced in a marine CAD system.

Good Luck

James

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.