Structure for a small Boat Building business

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by dick stave, Feb 29, 2008.

1. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

Could have been five minutes, we didn't invent the clock and the hourglass ain't all that accurate (ain't since we started using sea sand! the salt tends to stick it abit)!!!!!!!;)

2. Ike

Ike Senior Member

Since it's diss the yanks time, here's one for you folks north of the border.

It's called spot the Canadian.
    [​IMG]

3. safewalrus

Could also be "spot the fake tan" (but theres about five of them, straigh out of the bottle! thank God for the honesty of the Canadian(?) Obviously a nice girl, wonder what she's doing with that lot?

4. Ike

Ike Senior Member

From the look of it, it's a bikini contest. They have a lot of those down Florida way. I've been to a few. Mostly it's just an occasion for guys to get drunk, look at almost naked women, and act like fools.

Actually those may not be fake tans Some women spend hours on the beach down in Miami Beach and Fort Lauderdale. Not for me. In 15 minutes I burn like a lobster. Plus that, you do that all you life your skin turns to leather. I think I prefer the untanned too. I'm from the Pacific Northwest. Not many tanned bodies around here. I just thought it was a funny photo. Who knows? Maybe she won?

5. tinhorn

tinhorn Senior Member

Perhaps we need more bikini contests in the Pacific Northwest, with extra points for porcelain skintone. Of course, on the west side, it would have to be held during summer. Y'know, August 15-25.

(The picture is hilarious.)

6. Ike

Ike Senior Member

You mean our two weeks of summer?

7. safewalrus

What both of them!?!

8. masalai

masalai masalai

But no **** or nipples on display? don't the girls have those - then must be ************* who could not afford the "nipple job" too...

9. safewalrus

**** and nipples on their backs? I think a little bit of homework on the female form might be in order Missy Lee!

10. masalai

masalai masalai

You misconstruing fool?? (misquote from "It aint half hot mum" - - the idjit photographer must have a thing about asses & shot from the wrong side...

11. safewalrus

Yeah, got em inside out!!

12. Brent Swain

Brent Swain Member

boatbuilding

I have simply been selling my expertise by the hour to builders who are not sure how to go about it. They provide the building site, materials ,tools, an hourly wage , accomodation , meals and expenses, and work with me . I usually get the hull decks , cabin, keel and cockpit , and wheelhouse tacked together in a couple of weeks and leave them to it. Sometimes I drop by for a few days to help them finish the details.
    It has worked well for the last 28 years.
    Brent

13. safewalrus

Now that Brent sounds like a bloody good idea!! theres a lot of amature (?)builders out there who would appreciate that sort of help (including me!!)

14. Ike

Ike Senior Member

Hey Brent? How the hell are you? You getting tired of the rain? I could sure use some sun, or at least no rain. I've been trying for weeks to cut out the parts for a stitch and glue boat (out of that other material). I don't have a covered place to do it. Oh well, Northwest normal.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.