New Cuddy on small fishing boat

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by Danshane, Dec 3, 2010.

1. Danshane

Danshane New Member

Hi All,
    I am just starting building a replacement cuddy for my small fishing boat.
    It will bolt on to the hull just like the old one did. There are some pics on photobucket http://s694.photobucket.com/albums/vv308/Whitehall_Bohs/Cuddy Extension/

The new cuddy will be higher and come further back than the old one does.

I have removed the old one, and my plan is to build a mould plug around this (without destroying it as I may need to use it again if my new one is a disaster )

I am just starting to build the plug frame.
    Any advice would be appreciated but my main question is when I'm building the mould (gel coated & polyester fiberglass with 450 g/m CSM) how many layers of 450g CSM should I use in the mould?

I don't envisage using the mould a second time but as I have storage space available I would like it to be sturdy enough to keep it.