I'l take one!

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by jorgepease, Mar 20, 2018.

1. jorgepease

jorgepease Senior Member

2. messabout

messabout Senior Member

Good luck crossing the Bering straight in that machine. Davy Jones will be unimpressed, and his locker is not full yet.

3. jorgepease

jorgepease Senior Member

It's almost like a life raft, low center of gravity, as long as he isn't in a hurry he will probably make it ))

4. Squidly-Diddly

Squidly-Diddly Senior Member

See my gallery for my modular 40ft container-able, TRAILER-ABLE cat concept. The mast is the trailer frame, and (not illustrated) the cross beams could serve as loading ramps for a burly tow (Ford f-350 or similar) vehicle, so the rig could land itself and transition from sea to land modes by itself.

"Some assemble required" at each transition, but I think it would be far more seaworthy that the OP's craft.

5. jorgepease

jorgepease Senior Member

Checked it out, didn't really understand it but ...

Crossing the Bering Strait is part of their marketing stunt - (Driving New York to Paris) after the Baja 1000 after driving to the peak of Ojos del Salado volcano ... Might not even make it up the volcano, lol, but they did win the baja 500 on a previous model.

Main thing is it's an expedition vehicle and not an ocean going boat so for rivers, crossing small bays and lakes, presumably, this would be ultra cool ... I want to see how they store floats and motors on that very smart looking, road legal, chassis :)
    exp.jpg

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.