1. The Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post boatbuilding tools, drafting tools, molds and tooling, and other professional equipment for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

egg harbor refit

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by hoboken3, Jun 16, 2003.

1. hoboken3

hoboken3 Junior Member

I own a 1975 Egg Harbor 33ft, sedan crusier w/twin gas crusaders inboards. hull is glass topsides in wood. wood and interior forward has rotten from fresh water due to extended lay-up. engines frozen. almost all of the interior trim/molding and fixtures are in good shape. dual hyd. steering good. all below water components solid. bridge has to come off and cabin removed along with engines and transmissions. also forward decking has to be removed wood soft here also. is there a mold I can use once I remove salvagable interior components to convert this solid hull into a express type crusier or similiar style boat. the stern has a hook on both ends of the transom. the hull is 12ft as its widest, and at the stern its about 10' 9". anybody ever gutted a similiar size hull and find a supplier who had molds that you could use to convert a boat this size. drivetrain is going to be removed also and repowered with 300-425hp gas engines. since the cabinetry is good is there a site where I can list the interior components for sale. any help from the community would be greatly appreciated since this is my first refit and I'am serious about re-using this extremely attractive hull. thanks

2. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Boat cabinetry is usually made for a specific boat, so it may be difficult to sell. What kind of molds are you referring to? I think you'll have to build it from scratch. It is a fairly common thing to do, modifying an existing design and fabricating or building parts on site.

3. hoboken3

hoboken3 Junior Member

thanks 4 reply gonzo..there is a company in nj that sellsa product called DECKOLITE.

4. hoboken3

hoboken3 Junior Member

THANKS FOR REPLY..THERE IS A PRODUCT AVAILABLE CALLED deckolite, its a computor generated composite material that's re-enforced and cut into panels that assemble together to demensions you provide. it eliminates alot of fiberglass fabrication and messy smelly work. alot of retro fits are using older sportfishing fiberglass hulls, gutting-out their interiors and installing diesels and newer below furnishings and making these great old boats into modern sport express crusiers. I plan to work on mine this coming fall. I will be selling all the hardware cabinents trimwork headliners etc from the complete original interior of the 1975 Egg harbor. I'll keep the community posted along with pictures during the disassembly and refitting process....hoboken3

5. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Wow, do you have more info for that product?

6. hoboken3

hoboken3 Junior Member

I can dig it up in a few days for you gonzo, no problem. when I saw this product I knew alot of my problems could now be solved. I'm still trying to develop the interior layout so I can run my service cables/wires and plumbing install the below interior like a model assembly, then put on the new foredeck and main salon. I'm trying to tap in to some industry's designs. will let u know..hoboken3

7. raceday

raceday Junior Member

Refit

Hoboken,

We do complete refits of sportfish boats and would be glad to assist you. If you have any questions feel free to contact me. To see some of our current projects click on "Services" and then click on the "1969 Hatteras Refit" button on the right.

John
    www.kanyun.com

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.