Stitch & glue outrigger to glass inside or not?

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by erikhaha, Jun 12, 2010.

1. apex1

apex1 Guest

Where do you see a problem with these statements? They say the same.

And I do´nt see how much geology contributes to boatbuilding techniques, but I know that our entire industry strictly avoids any solvents in Epoxy resin. But maybe we are ALL wrong?

2. apex1

apex1 Guest

No, I did not say it that way! But...

You are hair splicing Chris.

And go with any expert you find, I do´nt care, but go! At least off my back.

3. redreuben

redreuben redreuben

It is very clearly stated in the link that the preservative is NOT a solvent !
    Oh and when abbreviating the apostrophe replaces the missing letter as in wasn't not was'nt and don't rather than do'nt. the little red lines are a clue.
    RR

4. apex1

apex1 Guest

Oh and thanks for the hint, I always like to improve my knowledge on foreign languages!

5. redreuben

redreuben redreuben

Oh, and to say resin doesn't penetrate end grain Balsa clearly demonstrates you haven't a clue about using these materials !
    ( note apostrophes) RR.

6. redreuben

redreuben redreuben

Typing in capitals and red ink doesn't prove anything.

7. apex1

apex1 Guest

Who said that?

Before trying to correct foreign members in using your language, I would recommend to improve your ability in reading and comprehending!

The stuff you linked to is as superfluous on a proper epoxy encapsulated timber as antifouling the interior of a hull.

Regards
    Richard

8. redreuben

redreuben redreuben

"I always like to improve my knowledge on foreign languages!"

Sorry about that, you are so arrogant I thought you were American.
    Oh **** now I'm in trouble !

9. Chris Ostlind

Chris Ostlind Previous Member

You are forgiven and more correct than most will admit

10. apex1

apex1 Guest

So, arrogant hmm? Could it be that some people just know a bit more than others after being in the industry for more than 35 years?

11. redreuben

redreuben redreuben

Well comprehend your post #27. It is pretty clear, I'm done, this is laughable.

12. Chris Ostlind

It's not your best day, Richard. Perhaps a little aperitif and a good piece of Mozart?

13. apex1

apex1 Guest

Your dumb fight is laughable.

Was that clear:
    ???

D E E P

was the issue. That is not necessary as everyone in the industry knows. So, why should one enhance a property which is not needed?

Chris

I am fine sailing the Aegean coast, do´nt worry. It is Donizetti at present, and no Alc. I´m in command of a vessel.
    But thanks for your care.

14. Chris Ostlind

There are plenty of applications where deep penetration could be a benefit. That you don't see that says volumes about your base when it comes to using wood.

15. apex1

apex1 Guest

Leave it Chris,

feel fine you are the only primary schoolmaster here. (I would not say wise guy);)

I think it says more about my base that I built a few thousand wood epoxy boats in over 35 years now.

But stick with your opinion, I´m fine with that.:p

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.