Stern Drive platforms???

Discussion in 'Gas Engines' started by Cranky Janke, Sep 3, 2011.

1. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

No, I don't have any diagrams. They belong to the City of Longwood, FL, USA.

2. Cranky Janke

Cranky Janke Junior Member

The 'bridge' will be open to the public, yes. and it will only be for foot traffic. In the Summer hopefully it will be something akin to Farmer's markets and in Winter when the river freezes up it will become an ice skating rink..

...well at least that's the idea..

3. Cranky Janke

Cranky Janke Junior Member

Which year did you see this at the show? It sounds like it could work! The Spree doesn't have much of a current.. but I reckon It could work!

Cheers,
    Jan

4. keysdisease

keysdisease Senior Member

It's been part of the configuration for the last several years. It's a section of the face dock at Bahia Mar where the Mega Yachts are and the walkway connects bahia Mar to the hall of Fame Marina.

I don't know about liability in your Country, but if the public is going to use, if it over here I would recommend an engineer sign off on anything the public is going to use. :eek:

Steve

5. FMS

FMS Senior Member

The semi-captive platform is the way to go.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.