sterling 38 open fish stepp hull

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by russell erickso, Mar 21, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

nomad i though you were geting ready to go back into boatbuilding? cant make the next step quite yet .have 3 major magazines that want to do an artical on the boat before the first is built and have four boats sold. i am curious though did donald blount design your 42 if not i would be surprised if it were a rybo.

2. Nomad

Nomad Senior Member

overkill:
    The beam is 15' 6'' it is a two stepped hull and for pictures view the photo gallery at my website ~ www.vernese.com. I bid the mold to yellowfin at 50k and he is going to look at the mold and a part from it this next week after ska.

Guest: No donald blount did not design it and when I asked him about it he said it never happened. But I have talked to the people who designed and built it. It was called project tiger shark and by the time it was finished he had a 50 something foot boat built and never built any. After some time the mold switched hands and one was built which I do not know the location of and again it sat until I bought it. I built one which was my only plan for the mold. But you confused me with

Quote:

Guest:

nomad i though you were geting ready to go back into boatbuilding? cant make the next step quite yet .have 3 major magazines that want to do an artical on the boat before the first is built and have four boats sold.

There you lost me. What do you mean getting back into boatbuilding I never left it! Do I some how known you?

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Your new boat looks quite impressive. I'm sure that you will hit the market in the bullseye! I do have one observation and question; could I order the boat with a solid bottom and is it possible to adapt pure inboard power train into your vessel?
    Best of Luck.
    Larry

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.