ILC 30 designer gone missing

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Guest, Jul 15, 2001.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I have been offered an ILC 30 round the cans racer but have been unable to locate any information about the boat and the designer (Cantiere Dalfer). I have tried looking up the designer on the net and it doesn't seem to exist. The boat was built in 1995. I need to get hold of the designer to find out what the stability index for the boat is and also I need the papers for the IMS rating certificate. Can anybody help me ?

2. Stephen Ditmore

Stephen Ditmore Senior Member

IMS

I don't know anything about Dalfer, but I think the lines definition taken by the IMS measurer can be used to generate a stability index. Dave Pedrick of Newport, RI is Chairman of the International Technical Commitee (ITC), Jim Taylor of Marblehead is a member of same, Jim Teeters of Langan Design, also in Newport, is an author of the IMS VPP, Glenn Henderson of St. Petersberg, FL is a former measurer, and people at the top IMS design offices - Farr, Nelson/Marek, etc. - any of these people could probably assist.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.