Which are you?

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by The_Escape_Plan, Oct 13, 2010.

1. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

I just covered this is another thread. Glad you can keep up . . . try the women builder's thread.

2. lewisboats

lewisboats Obsessed Member

At first it was clockwise and I couldn't seem to get it to change...until I covered first the right eye then the left eye. Once the left eye was covered it took only a second of looking at the foot and foot shadow to make the switch...then I could do it at will... weird. I would have expected to have seen it counter clockwise as left brain is my normal thinking mode...or so I would expect from looking at the list of criteria.

3. PAR

Steve this guy is a spammer . . .

4. I am a spammer? Here we go...

1 person likes this.
  5. PAR

Sorry, I looked at you number of posts which shows zero and have noticed your name in several threads, suggested the moderators have booted you to the curb. I stand corrected and apologize for the assumption. The mistake was made because every one of your 22 previous contribution here have been in the open forum section, which doesn't count for anything other then the banter, in regard to reputation or apparently post count. Hows your steel coastal cruiser coming along?

6. To be honest, I have a sneaking suspicion it is because I was banned on another "boating" forum because the mod there said quite clearly that he supported minors drinking alcohol, any place that allowed a list of circumstances minors could drink (that he copied and pasted) were "too cool" with him. I found it offensive and pointed out it was unbefitting a mod on a respected forum not to mention a breach of the forums TOS that we all unconditionally agreed to be bound by and quite possibly a cyber crime in the the state of texas...

I was ostracised, defamed and banned... They were boring as bat **** and so up tight with infractions and we had a few stouts about taoism I don't think the guy who runs the forum took to kindly to (I grew up in asia till I was 12 and learnt about Taoism through a martial art I am into). I don't like being screwed for doing what is right but I would rather stand alone and be slaughtered for what is right than show the flaws of who I am not!

To address the posting in the off topic section, I make no apologies... I am not here for reputation or brown nosing! I am content to be an indian and not a chief in threads I know little about and will use that part of the forum until I have questions I need answered and have exhausted the search feature as a reference centre, I might not fit the mould of what most expect here but I am always polite and well mannered (you attract more bees with honey than ****) .

As for stealing your post, I humbly apologise... I must say I am impressed that you posted it as I have found the boating community as a whole to be rather uptight and fickle in terms of what is acceptable to the admirals, I use the off topic forum to sort through the clones and the people that I might share some common ground with. And thanks for enquiring about the boat, it is coming along fairly well considering and if people want to hear what is happening I will keep it relevent and in the one thread I started.

7. Man Overboard

Man Overboard Tom Fugate

The animation is misleading because it's not actually turning, it's oscillating back and forth. It is probably most accurately seen with the bottom half from the waist down facing away from you so actually you're looking at the back of the woman the top half is oscillating through a greater degree than the bottom half so as to make it appear as though she is rotating when in actuality she is turning to the left and looking at you then turning away from your turning to the right and looking at you, her back always to you. Her hair is never swinging in the correct direction. Her legs in the animation actually switch from left to right at the end of her leg extension and then back from right to left at the opposite end of the oscillation.

The animation is all in black so there's no three-dimensional frame of reference, therefore your brain makes assumptions and arbitrarily fills in the missing information. The animation is running at about 24 frames per second, so it is difficult for your brain to sort all this out.

8. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

I think that was the point: to see what your brain arbitrarily filled in, and use that to make some sort of assumptions about your brain processes. Which may or may not be accurate....

As a left-handed person, I've been through this left-brain, right-brain thing before. And I have my doubts about trying to assign logic to one side, creativity to the other side, etc.

I do know that physically, most right-handed people are opposite-side control. That is, the left side of their brain controls their dominant right hand. On the other hand, some left-handed people are also opposite-side control, but others are same-side: their left brain controls their dominant left hand.

I've read before that if a left-handed person writes with his hand in the same relative position as a right-handed person (below the line he's writing), he's opposite-side control. And that if he turns his hand 'upside down' so it's above the line of writing, he's same-side control. Whether that's true or not I don't know. It could very well just be a function of the fact that unless he uses the upside-down hand position, a left-hander has a backwards slant to his writing. Those who write 'upside down' may have learned to do so just to get the conventional forward slant.

For what it's worth, I'm left-handed and write upside down; and the figure was definitely spinning counterclockwise for me until I forced it to change. Both of those would supposedly indicate the left side of my brain is dominant.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.