Home Depot have 3/8 foam panels I can use?

Discussion in 'Materials' started by souljour2000, Jan 19, 2010.

1. souljour2000

souljour2000 Senior Member

I want some 3/8 high-density foam panels suitable for epoxy use I can use to build up some areas before I epoxy/glass over them...Does anyome know if they sell these at Home depot/Lowes? I've heard that many kinds of high-density foam is okay choice for boat-building..I don't need strength here just substrate....

2. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

The pink and blue styrofoams are closed cell, ground contact. Epoxy works well over them. As whether it is appropiate for your application, the information is not enough to answer

3. souljour2000

souljour2000 Senior Member

Okay..pink or blue is closed cell...it's not going to be placed in the bilges or in contact with chemicals so these type closed cell panels should work then I think..thanks Gonzo!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.