Steel building prices

Discussion in 'Metal Boat Building' started by Armada, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Armada

Armada Junior Member

What is the average price charged for steel bare boat per kilogram by the shipbuilders for an average 20 meter trawler.

2. Dutch Peter

Dutch Peter Senior Member

I think you'd better specify where!! Price for a steel boat in The Netherlands will be more then for a steel casco in Poland.

3. Armada

Armada Junior Member

Dear Peter,
    That is exactly the reason for my question. I was trying to gather data for my future project of where to get it built. Where would be the best price/quality ratio in the medditeranean and what would be that cost ?

4. Shell

Shell New Member

Armada,
    The shipping and boat building sector is at the high peak in Turkey at the moment and steel workmanship costs are low as well.Necessary design qualifications we have here and material supply is easy.Depending on the experience the quality of welders are improved under classification society supervisions and qualified engineers.Can u give me some details of your project?Maybe I can assist?

5. Shell

Shell New Member

Sorry you are already in Turkey.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.