steam engine

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by yipster, Jan 30, 2003.

1. trouty

trouty Guest

OK,

Now it takes a little ΔTIME (clue here for those awake) for the first electron to start getting excited, and then it's next nearest neighbour to get excited etc etc until ALL the electrons are excited right along the length of the wire.

(We know it must take a little ΔTime, because these electrons have MASS and our troutys grand unification theorem tells us that ALL Mass = ΔTime). ;)

At what point does the Battery START to "discharge" while these electrons are all in turn one after another getting excited?

The answer is, the battery STARTS to discharge, immediately the circuit is COMPLETED, i.e immediately the electrons have got excited ALL the way along the wires length.

Now - what if, we "opened" the switch in our crude circuit a microsecond BEFORE the last electron in the wire got excited????

Circuits NOT completed, no battery discharge has occurred, and Yet every electron in that length of wire got excited bar the very last one....

This gentlemen is "the scalar potential".

Can we do "any work" with those excited electrons, in the brief period between when the circuit is closed and the electrons begin to get excited due to the scalr potential & BEFORE the last one gets excited and the switch is opened again to prevent discharge of our Battery (scalar potential source).

Well - the technical answer is YES.

If the wires really long and the electromagnet coil is right at the start end of where the electrons begin to fget excited / agitated, then an electromagnetic field (albeit a very brief one) IS created with the scalar potential.

Why so brief?

Well - the rate of speed of the electron excitement approaches the speed of light in copper wire because it's avery good conductor - thats how fast it is - so in order to capture the brief period of scalar potential eoither our wire has to be incredibly long OR we need to slow down the rate at which tose electrons ecite their neighbours.

Stay tuned.

2. trouty

trouty Guest

OK,

How do we "slow down" the rate that the electrons get excited at?

Easy - we don't use a good conductor - we use instead a semi conductor, in this case a doped degenerate rare earth niobium semiconductor.

The other trick is with the switching, mechanical switching is cumbersom and slow - however transistorised electronic switching is much faster.

As long as that circuit is never allowed to complete, ie we use ganged switching, so that the opening switch is activated at just the right duration BEFORE the circuits completed, we never ever actually discharge our battery at all. It stays fully charged all - we've done is tap the energy trapped within the time it took for the electrons to "flow" along the wire due to the scalar potential of our scource.

Now - using the right semi conductor and switching - it's possible to have a MEG (Motionless Electromagnetic Generator) producing a conmsistent flow of electricity from the electrical scalar potential of the source battery cell, using a electromagnet made from the semi conductor, in conjunction with a permanent fixed magnet...and electrically gang switching the circuit to the right time duration.

Thus you have "perpetual 'free energy' until the permanent magnet wears out, or the ganged switches fail, or the doped degenrate rare earth semiconductor windings are damaged in some way....get too old..ie run out of "time".. (another clue here folks! stay awake.

Cheers!

3. trouty

trouty Guest

Thats a very simplified "laymans description" for you of the principal of scalar potential energetics.

I hope it's of some help..

Now I just gotta build me one (err two actually!).

Fortunately, for the world at large, I have my 3 best men working on just that as we speak in fact!
    [​IMG]

Rest assured - that - just like this war on Iraq - it's ALL under control. I have every confidence in my team of experts

[​IMG]

Then again! :eek: :eek: :rolleyes:

Cheers! :D :cool:

4. yipster

yipster designer

Trouty, sorry for getting back only now but here is the first part..

i got you! i understand it better now! that really can work giving energy? i'll get the electron peel books out again, do know some theoretical physics, little on applied electro trechnics, but it sure is interesting! keep those 3 good man working on it and why not make 3.

want to check halftime values (can vary from nano seconds to centurions) read the patents you mentioned before, i have some time now, have to rest, want to reasure do. maybe i should not have made fun with that burned out hateras before...

after calling my i-net provider a few days ago if they perhaps had a breakdown again their "helpdesk" (at a sum of E/$ 30-) helped me first kill my own network than tcp/ip itself, witch again coursed the yearly total pc crash. almost crying installing win -for the first time!- again it turned out it WAS a braeakdown on the providers end, and i got on the net again. my pc banking did not work however, they had a separate breakdown; that call while i was melting wax for my polywork. (works wonderwell but STAY WITH IT!) the fire alarm went of, the kitchen black from burning wax (only wet towels!) and now typing just back from the hospital with my hands in bandage instead of resin and glas.
    and i was making good progress!:mad:

last time i burned my hands was probably playing with a REAL steam engine... and i havent even mentiont more dangerous things like the "doomsday machine" in the movie "how i learned to like the bomb" from 1964 with peter sellers...

i always smile reading your treads:D
    :cool: yipster

5. trouty

trouty Guest

Don't give up yipster,

It's not bad luck, it's all an evil plot to stop you from sdiscovering the truth of M=ΔT

I get this stuff all the time - I'm on about the 4th puter, and ISP, gave up online Banking eons ago, it just makes it too easy for 'online' attacks bye the oil soaked illuminati who are hell bent on stopping any move away from oil as a primary energy source.

Get out the ol slide rule, pencil and paper, pay for everything in cash, and keep ya eyes open for the men in black - they have to get 'up close n personal' to do anything to me, which has caused one or two some pain and embarrassement so far.

Mind you - it's not like they haven't inflicted some damage on me themselves.

Truth will always win out Yipster - just keep the faith and use the force!

Cheers!

O Be One trouty Kanobie.

6. Willallison

Willallison Senior Member

I'm thinking you two might need a whole thread to yourselves....:D :D

btw Trouty - how did you end up in your search for a surveyable fishing boat?

7. trouty

trouty Guest

Hi Will,

Got some "conceptual plans" up - but, not game to plough in the $ necessary to build new boat in the face of:-

World Airline Collapses,

World Economic Catsatrophy iminent. (Worse than 1929?)

War in Iraq possibly spreading and becomming WW3

SARS keeping people off planes & from travelling

Etc.

I just can't 'SEE' any future in tourism as a reliable cashflow proposition for possibly 5 or more years yet given the world outllook as I assess it right now Will.
    Boats obviously are "depreciating assets" and I see little point in investing in boating / tourism at this juncture to have a fully depreciated boat in 5 or so years time when tourisms MAYBE recovering, but the boats worthless and in need of replacement..

I'm looking at this point, more to be totally debt free and liquid to take potential investement 'advantages' that invariably arise during such times of world crisis and fiscal duress.

I wish very much it were different, but sometimes you have to cut your coat to suit your cloth.

Thats the situation in which I find myself.

The $ for the vessel - would make a very nice substantial deposit on two houses Will - let tennants pay off the mortgages on same for next 15 years, and when I'm then 58, maybe I can think about "retiring" to a career of fishing bliss, because at the moment, tourism seems to be well n truly dead in the water.

Most every "charter vessel" here on the West Coast is for sale at the moment Will (some bye recievers) and there simply ARE no buyers.

Sadly this has ALL occurred at a time when our state Govt "regulated the industry" with a whole raft of very expensive licensing and compulsory compliance & insurance costs, at a time when the market is withering and dying on the vine.

I can't see ANY charter business here on the West coast being viable this year Will...it's that bad.

Some Charter Boats complete with licenses have been for sale here for almost 12 months now - they are relatively speaking quite "reasonably" priced - but there are just no buyers, because no one can show cash flow to justify the value of their boats let alone the expensive licenses that the state Fisheries department have now issued and made compulsory.

Hows things in Tassie in the Tourism dept Will? Are you guys experiencing the downturn we are?

The collapse of Ansett basically killed off any inbound tourism here from either Eastern Staters OR international visitors - it's now as expensive (or moreso) to get from East to west as it is to get to Sydney from the USA.

Our strengthening $ against the US greenback isn't helping.

The US has "travel advisorys" warning it's citizens to stay home (including Australia) due to the potential for terrorism.

I wish i could paint a rosier picture.

My how quickly times can change eh?

Who'd a figured all this when i started looking to build a new boat - in some respects it's perhaps very fortunate I didn't jump in sooner, it may well have been a VERY expensive mistake.

Cheers!

8. yipster

yipster designer

Trouty and Will,

excuse me for entering this but its the same picture on this side, things aint going well. i do have some thoughts do it aint so much the "things" as it are the more and more totalitarian administrations that finally now couse this recession? btw, title of that all explaining best movie ever made was "doktor strangelove" :cool:

as on energy, how about getting and using 2/5 (or more) instead of the natural 1/5 oxiden from the air? (dont say my engine will get to hot (i got many more ideas)). also found a old disney book titled "our frend the atom" from the 1959 movie with the same name full of popular info and ideas on energy! 600 threes are cut rite now in front of this place without any good reason...

keep smiling :rolleyes: yipster

9. trouty

trouty Guest

600 trees Yipster?

As an old forester - I hope they got used for making something worthwhile and that 1200 were planted in their place?

Wood is a renewable commodity Yipster, and vigorously growing young trees (regrowth forest) can lock up twice as much atmospheric carbon (can anyone say global warming?) as old growth forest.

To top it off - the lumber produced - if it gets put into furniture or joinery for building etc, will remain "locked up" for at least 100 years (unless the building and furniture catch fire).

Theres nothing wrong with using timber if it's done in an environmentally responsible way.

If we built that same house from steel and aluminium windows etc- the fossil fuel energy consumed to smelt the steel and aluminium (not to mention the forest permanently destroyed to get at the bauxite to smelt aluminium) is equal to 5 times as much greenhouse gas generated as is generated in harvesting and milling the timber for the same sized home.

If everyone went back to timber instead of steel and aluminium (including for boats) AND planted / regenerated, 2 trees for every one used - there simply would be no greenhouse warming of our atmosphere.

Yet, it's considered "fashionable" to be a environementally concerned greenie, who wants to "save" (hug) every last tree.

Think about this.

As a forester when i used to establish pine (pinus radiata) plantations - we'd plant 2250 stems (trees) to the hectare (about 1000 an acre), or if Eucalypts species 1750 Stems to the hectare and we would establish some 2000 - 3000 hectares a year.

Since the 'greenies' got into govt here - in my own little town alone - 100 former foresters like me have been made redundant...and the plantations sold off to be "cleared" for farmland!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Environmentalists will be the death of this planet Yipster - and bye golly when I'm benevolent dictater (after taking over the world from Billy Gates once my M = Δ T Theorem wins me the Nobel prize for science and I patent it and become a gazzillionaire) whhahuuhh whhahuuhhh whhaahuuhh (trouty laughs hystericallly in a Austin Powers 'Minime' type megalomaniacle way) - ALL them greenie tree huggers are gunna be lined up against the brick wall and shot - WITHOUT blindfolds!:D ;) :p

Yup - trouty will fix ALL, Yipster, panic not - for I have a plan - an energy plan that will see me the worlds sole megalomaniacle despotic ruler inside - ohh maybe 6 months...and THEN - there will be...

1. free boats for everyone!

2. Lottsa dead people whose idea's i don't agree with.

Trust me Yipster - I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help you!;) ;) :D

Cheers

run Forest, run! :p :p

10. trouty

trouty Guest

What?

You all doubt that the oil industry would suppress any technology that might affect their cashflow?

:rolleyes:

Maybe given "Time" :D you'll all wake up from this oil industry imposed "sleep".

I sure hope so, or we'll be fighting Oil wars like Iraq into the 3rd Millenium :rolleyes:

Cheers!

11. trouty

trouty Guest

Then again

Maybe not!!

I looks very much like one of my fellow time travelling brothers has arrived to wreak a little havoc among you all.

Hmmmm - I thought I covered my tracks pretty well when I left 2256 to come back here - maybe not well enough - I mighta owed Mr Carlssin a few sheckles, maybe he's come to collect!
    :D :rolleyes:

I know - I'll blame it on yipster!;) :p

Cheers!

12. yipster

yipster designer

trouty
    tell me something new about buddy's, you did get me smiling again though. a way of beating this case is in Mr Carlssin proving that time travel is possible and giving away the design on this ship, maybe $:idea:$ we can help him there! but wouldn’t that be giving inside information to people who speculate in fried air without inside information? i can understand all Mr Carlssin wants is to be allowed to return to the future in his craft.
    :D yipster

13. trouty

trouty Guest

Howdy Yipster,

Yeah - I have a certain feeling M Carlssin definitely is a fellow time traveller, funny he never mentioned my M = Δ T grand unification theorem tho - as the "new technology breaktrhough" that made time travel possible, not to mention the building of the pyramids in Egypt plus Stonehenge etc...

I guess he didn't wanna give away ALL the secrets during his confession....maybe he was with holding something as a plea bargaining chip for later use (during sentencing).

I hope he doesn't spill the beans on me - I don't know if I want the media attention!

Course the nobel prize will be fun, as will being knighted by HRH Queeen Liz. If i'm real lucky - HRH Prince Len of Hutt River Province, might bestow some sorta official title also with half an ounce a luck.

Just wait till I'm benevolent Dictater Yipster, the world will quickly become a vastly different place then - all sorts a despots will be looking for holes to crawl into to hide... ;o)

Man, I wonder of we can get a visitation right to see this Carlssin guy and get an interview about boat technology of the year 2256?

Will OMC survive? - what about Brunswick?

I think just between you n me Yipster we need to get in to talk to this guy - whattaya reckon? Maybe we could "bust him out"?

I wonder where he's parked his Delorean?

You'd think a few more folks from 2256 woulda come back to warn us about Saddam, Osama and their ilk wouldn't you...

What does he say about North Korea? or China, Russia, Syria, Libya & Iran for that matter???

Man - the more I think about it the more I think we need to get in touch with this guy in a hurry!

Cheers!

14. yipster

yipster designer

Good to hear from you trouty, I’m fine, still half in the sick bow, new skin on the fingers I’m trying to bend but have all six of them still on a row up here I hope.

007 with a solar plextor in the corner of my eye on tv, that too can make steam etc.

why don’t you also enter the www.conceptboat.com competition, seriously; you do have inventive ideas like the prop up front taking the wave away, canted OB’s, not to forget the scalar and meg story (and I’ll bet you got more on your sleeve).

offcourse it wont win ya a nobel prize but may be fun, and has to with shaping the future. Maybe get an interview about your thoughts on boat technology in the year 2525. That would be very interesting and I sure would like to hear others on such with visions as well!

”I think just between you n me Yipster we need to get in to talk to this guy - whattaya reckon? Maybe we could "bust him out"?"
    Woulnd that be something, but only saying that is already illegal here now! (wouldn’t you like to make them shut up) I too wonder what and how he “did” so much and so fast and were and what went wrong with this talent. most likely the 300 milion plus his initial 800 dollar is confiscated and all he is left with is a very high fine, and cant even pay his lawyer. Sure that time machine is still to surface if it hadn’t a timed round trip order.

I wonder where he's parked his Delorean? more folks from 2256 woulda come back to warn us about Saddam, Osama and their ilk wouldn't you...What does he say about North Korea? or China, Russia, Syria, Libya & Iran for that matter???”
    i hear now Saddam left the country in his personal sub from under his yacht? in the future we all probably be back in Africa, color, religion etc melted and eventually will lose mass in time, here the grand unification theory (law?) also apply and I wonder anyhow if mankind can survive just one hartbeat (big bang) of this universe. That all in due time, still it comes…

yipster

smooth clean engine schoell made but didn’t mercruiser had efi and (water-cooled) streamlined exhaust pipes in the mid 90ties also? And than took them of the market again? Nevertheless, repowering over I’d go for those or…

rotary sleeves or similar arrangements I’ve sometimes seen used in (racing) motorbikes

15. yipster

yipster designer

i dont know about you guy's but i'm still thinking on energy and steam isnt all that bad, specialy not for boats and ships. sure there are turbine's and nucleair heaters, than i remembered safe hydrogen fusion! i started a search and found some interesting reading :cool: yipster

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.