Starting my Constellation 30 project

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by AJAX, Nov 20, 2010.

1. michael pierzga

michael pierzga Senior Member

2. AJAX

AJAX New Member

Will do, would I roll on or spray it?

3. michael pierzga

michael pierzga Senior Member

Roll and brush,small compenent. A deck box

4. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

System three's product is a WR-LPU which is considerably different then the solvent based stuff we all know. This is the second generation of these types of formulations and they are much better then the first. They aren't quite as good as the solvent based products, but water clean up is nice. It's very difficult to spray these type of paints as they tend to dry just off the tip of the gun, so you end up shooting powder instead of paint. I've even tried coiling the air hose in a bucket of ice water, but no help. Roll and tip will produce nice results, almost as good as spraying.

5. AJAX

AJAX New Member

Thanks so much for all the advice! I'll keep you guys informed as my project progresses

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.