1990 Reinell 4.3L OMC Cobra engine assembly - exhaust manifolds?

Discussion in 'Sterndrives' started by Leonard Martinez, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Leonard Martinez

Leonard Martinez Junior Member

I just bought a 1990 Reinell bow rider. The 4.3L engine was pulled and rebuilt. Bored out 30 over. I figured out how to install the harmonic balancer, water pump, alternator, power steering pump, flywheel, bell housing, thermostat housing, and now I'm trying to find out what are the right exhaust manifolds to buy? My out drive assembly is OMC Cobra, so I've been buying OMC parts. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

2. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

3. Leonard Martinez

Sierra and Osco, what is that?
    No the guy I bought the boat from said the manifolds were no good and reason why he rebuilt the engine. This is why I'm having a hard time figuring out the correct ones to buy.

4. Leonard Martinez

I just found the OMC v6 exhaust kit. 1985-1990 that replaces 1 piece manifolds, but the price is at $749.95. I have it but if I can find them cheaper I'd like to. So I'm shopping around.

5. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Try ebasicpower.com. This are pretty common manifolds, log style or riser. They run in the $200 - $250 range (each), but you can also find good ones on Ebay. Also do a search for Sierra 18-1952-1, which fits both starboard and port side.

6. Leonard Martinez

Will those Sierra manifolds work to hook up to my boat? The exhaust manifold risers will hook to my boat?

7. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Post a picture of what you have and we'll see if the Sierra part looks similar.

8. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

They make equivalent products. Make sure that the numbers correspond to your model.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.