Looking for plans for a Strayer "Longsplice" cat ketch/schooner

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by nursejosh, Aug 31, 2009.

1. nursejosh

nursejosh New Member

Hey all,

I ran across plans for this boat designed by Charles Strayer called the "Longsplice". It was reviewed in Wooden Boat magazine and the review published in "100 Boat Designs Reviewed". I've googled the design, and found a couple references and broken links mentioning it on the web, but otherwise, nothing!

It's a really interesting design: a dayboat cat ketch/schooner about 16 ft long that splits midships and becomes two identical pram dinghies that are able to nest! This would seem to be awesome for me to take my wife and/or non-sailing friends out until they're comfortable with sailing and then we could race around together (I'm a novice sailor myself). Plus, being nesting, the prams could be cartopped together, rather than need a trailer.

Does anyone have any more information on this design, or know where I can get a copy of the plans? The book only gives an address and I'm hesitant to write since I can't find any other information on it.

Thx,
    Josh

2. Stofferaus

Stofferaus Junior Member

Hi Josh,
    Did you ever find the plans as I too like the idea.
    Cheers,
    Chris

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.