Moving posts

Discussion in 'Forum Questions and Suggestions' started by Doug Lord, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Flight Ready

I've seen a number of posts that were once on one page mysteriously wind upon another page. For years if I had data in my own thread that I wanted to update-I would "quote" the post I wanted to update, fix it and then delete the "old" post. But what I've seen happening recently seems to be just the posts moving. In one case and updated data sheet that was at the top of one page mysteriously wound up in the middle of the previous page. Just today a post that was on p8 of the MPX-12 thread at 3pm, when it was posted, wound up on page 7 at 4:42.
    Is there any explanation for this?
    Thanks, Doug

2. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

In the thread you refer to a member had posted 4 posts in a row and deleted 2 of them. That would move your post to the previous page. Other than posts being deleted by the member or because they were reported or broke the forum rules, or posts being split to a separate topic, you can also change the number of posts displayed per page in your control panel...

< stalker | 5 minutes maintenance about to commence (now completed) >
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.