Stainless bolts for Bronze Seacock

Discussion in 'Materials' started by 7228sedan, Aug 18, 2014.

1. 7228sedan

7228sedan Senior Member

Looking for any concerns with installing a new bronze seacock with stainless steel fasteners. The fasteners are to be counter sunk in a fiberglass hull & sealed in epoxy. I have concerns with the studs and any electrolysis reacting with the seacock flange.

Unless of course someone knows where I can find 3-5/16 diameter X 2.5 inch long bronze machine screws and nuts :cool:

I can't find them anywhere...

2. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

3. 7228sedan

7228sedan Senior Member

I did Gonzo. I wouldn't dare post without doing some research first:)
    I checked Jamestown & a few others. None had the size or type I needed. I'll keep up the effort as I too am weary of mixing the metals.

4. 7228sedan

7228sedan Senior Member

I never heard of Boltdepot, however they have them! And I don't have to order them by the gross either. Thank you as always!

5. Steve W

Steve W Senior Member

CCfasteners has them listed, not cheap at about $6 apiece but well worth it.

Steve.

6. 7228sedan

7228sedan Senior Member

Bolt Depot had the bolts, washers, nuts etc all individually priced. I'm in for $17.00 with the shipping... ZERO complaints! machine screws, flat & split washers, and nuts all silicon bronze. Small price to pay for peace of mind!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.