Stabilty

Discussion in 'Stability' started by Aryavrat, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Aryavrat

Aryavrat New Member

In Autohydro, I loaded a GF file of a ship when I gave fixed draft of 7m and then solve weight.Then i clicked the Solve button for equilibrium it gives me a very large TRIM of near abt 75 deg:?: :!: :eek: .

2. CowMan

CowMan Naval Architect

Aryavrat, some of the common causes of such results are related to the hull geometry file - if the GF file defines a single side of the vessel (and Autohydro is not mirroring automatically), if there are overlapping sections, or if the draft of 7m exceeds the deck edge, crazy values are likely. If you have another program (such as Deadweight or Rhino I believe) which can view the file, open it up and double-check everything is consistent and bounded.

My memory of Autohydro is sketchy at best, however if you have any weights assigned --- check the distance to origin. If a masses LCG is accidentally set with the wrong sign (+/-), it will overhang the vessel and induce substantial trimming moments.

3. Aryavrat

Aryavrat New Member

CowMan
    The problem is solved, actually after loading the gf file and setting the given draft. I have to solve for lcg, otherwise autohydro will give some random trim values.
    Thank you for your concern :)

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.