Stability tests in berth

Discussion in 'Stability' started by pynchon, May 18, 2008.

1. pynchon

pynchon New Member

Hello, kind regards form a third mate on leave;
    I was reading one book of Hans-Herman Diestel called "compendium on seamangship & sea accidents"; it's quite interesting. Well, the thing is that one part is about stability problems, and talks about a german container company, alphaship, they use a program to double check the stability when moored and the cargo is finished, they introduce a list to the vessel/or they fill some ballast tanks of the vessel and knowing the reaction they can have and exact knowledge of the real stability when sailing, whithout depending only on the stability from the cargo plan and the erroneus information of the weight of the containers.
    I've been looking in internet, and I couldn't find anything more about this, anyone have an idea about this? which is the program and the web page? how it's working? can be done with a homemade excel page?
    thanks.

2. TeddyDiver

TeddyDiver Gollywobbler

Not any rocket science. Adding a weight a distance from the midship and measuring the heel angle etc and the result is compared to list of premesured/calculated values...

3. Knut Sand

Knut Sand Senior Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.