Maxsurf: diagonals on flip side

Discussion in 'Software' started by DaveB, Jan 26, 2005.

1. DaveB

DaveB Senior Member

Hi folks,

Tryin' to rough in an 8m in Maxsurf and in the plan view the diagonals are on top over the water lines...

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,

Dave

(file attached...)

Attached Files:

2. Andrew Mason

Andrew Mason Senior Member

Use the Show Half command - when only one half of the vessel is displayed the diagonals are shown below the centreline while the waterlines are shown above centreline.

In this case the transverse distance displayed is the distance in the plane of the diagonal rather than its 3D projection.

3. DaveB

DaveB Senior Member

diagonals and waterlines on top of CL n' nothing below

Andrew,

Thank you very much for your reply! I was hoping you'd notice my post.

Unfortunately I think I've got it set up as you describe, but somehow the diagonals are on top with the waterlines, with nothing below.

I've attached a screenshot for clairification, as perhaps the file displays differently on your computer.

Thanks again,

Dave

Attached Files:

4. Andrew Mason

Andrew Mason Senior Member

Sorry, my mistake, my memory must be fading with age.

If you have diagonals turned on and the Half view turned off, it will assume you actually want the diagonals on one side and the waterlines on the other side.

If this doesn't work, make sure you have the hull surface set up as symmetrical using the Surface Properties dialog.

5. DaveB

DaveB Senior Member

diagonals...

Thanks a bunch Andrew,

I was trying to have the diagonals show on opposite the waterlines with half view on... Obviously that only works with half view off...

Sorry to bother you with this, thanks again for your help!!

Dave

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.