stability analysis by maxsurf, rhino , and archimedes!

Discussion in 'Stability' started by pavel915, Dec 5, 2006.

1. subman

subman New Member

Stability books

"Look for a book called "Stability and Trim for the Ships Officer" by John La Dage and Lee Van Gemert
    Library of Congress Catalog Card No. 56-6885
    My edition is from 1959, but it is still the most complete ref. regarding ships stability IMHO"

I sympathise with Pavel, I too felt there were serious araes which were not covered on my course or covered but not in any usable detail. i.e was left up to the software to calculate it. which is all well and good knowing what a value means but how can you validate the results if you dont know the method used?

I am primarilarly interested in calculating damaged and intact stability and verifying teh results outputted by software. I would like to know the best process / procedure to validate the results.

Also will the book mentioned above give this (i.e worked examples and actual calculation procedure) and does anyone have a chapters list they could either post or email to me before i buy it.

Many thanks,

2. pavel915

pavel915 Senior Member

thanx to all for giving nice information about stabiltiy books. i am trying to going though good books of stability and applied in my project.thanx to all.
    i think it takes time to be a good naval architect, someone will have complete knowledge about stability in student stage it is not axpected, a student should try from his own to equire the professional and practical knowledge beyon his book also. I think discussing in this forum will be very helpful for students of naval architecture , if learned and experienced naval architects help them.
    thanx to all.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.