Sprays

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by greenwater, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Jim Bates

Jim Bates New Member

First, I am aware that this thread is quite old, but am hopeful that I can locate Bataan, and his boat, Bertie, if anyone can supply contact info. I have purchased a Bruce Robert’s Spray 38 design, very well built in steel by an excellent welder to a high standard. The rig is a gaff rigged cutter, to which I am adding a mizzen to convert to a yawl rig. I live in South Louisiana in a light air environment, and the SA/Disp ratio is only 12. I am interested in increasing the size of the main, to the max practical, ala Bertie, and would like to discuss this matter with Bataan, and if he agrees, examine Bertie in person, to see if his junk rigged main could be converted to a gaff rig. My email is jimb522@yahoo.com. I am also perfectly willing to do it in this forum. Thank you for any help.
    Jim

2. Angélique

Angélique aka Angel (only by name)

Hi Jim, here some videos featuring Bataan's BERTIE, she's at least in the below part 1 and 3, haven't seen them all myself yet, will watch later...

3. Jim Bates

Jim Bates New Member

thank you angelic.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.