spraying gelcoat

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by toolsinbox, Jan 16, 2010.

1. toolsinbox

toolsinbox Junior Member

has anyone used Vibrin gelcoat products?

They appear to have "spray ready" stuff with the 370 pac in light shades with other types available. I have never used or even heard of this stuff or any spray ready gel. It has been a while since I have sprayed gel so I have been looking at whats available and came accross this stuff. Please let me know what the latest is. I sent an e-mail to AOC who makes it and still waiting for reply, but would like to here of anyone who has used it. 6 years ago I used gel, 3 med coats with last mixed 25 % duratec, and lotsa boarding and polishing. Does this Vibrin eliminate the need for duratec? I have only fully sprayed a few boats but have made tons of small repairs using pure gel and the feel of pure gel is always better than thinned stuff. pure seems more dense to me. ( Maybe applicator is more dense hehehe).

I have to do the boat white (23 ft). Guy had the boat grip ed last year and it blistered below the line and saw a boat I did 6 years ago. I told him I gelcoated it which was different and more involved than painting. He wrote me a cheque on the spot. I needed the money so now I need to do it hehe. any and all help would be great.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.