<split> composite debates (heated remarks)

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by tunnels, Aug 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tunnels

tunnels Previous Member

I can see why the administrater of this sight posted a message yesterday . Your cant take the hint can you ! old, ignorant, and a touch of insanity !
    Leave it rest !! move on !! get over it !there are others out there that have a differant point of veiw !, the world would be a boring place to live and we would never progress !!Go dig a holes ,take a pill and rest forever . :mad:

2. tunnels

tunnels Previous Member

<mod note: split from http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/fi...ding/favorite-epoxy-divinycell-h80-34423.html >

Tell every one why hand laid glass is surpoedly stronger than a gun laid hull , 10 -20 % is a bit of over the tip !! If you love dino tin boats why are you on a composite site for ?? :confused:

3. apex1

apex1 Guest

Tunnels you should learn about GRP composites before you open your mouth!

And read before you contradict!

Adding 10 to 20% resin weight in a calculation of layups is the proven method to estimate the final weight, given the laminate is not vac. bagged or infused (nobody uses chopper guns and nobody did mention that), and given that the handlayup is not executed by a trained crew which can achieve a 50/50 laminate.

So, one calculates the resin weight being equal to glass weight in a professional handlayup, adding 10 to 20% resin weight in a homebuild. (depending on skills)

All clear amateur?:D

4. tunnels

tunnels Previous Member

You still havent answer the question !! Why is hand laid 10% to 20% stronger than using other methods ?? What you have written above tell us absolutly nothing its just a load of empty mumbo bull dust !!. :mad:

5. apex1

apex1 Guest

Mate I do not reply on statements which are put into my mouth! I did not make that statement.

So, again, learn reading and comprehending, before you drivel!

The "mumbo bull dust" is the proven way in our industry; OF COURSE YOU DON´T GRASP

6. tunnels

tunnels Previous Member

Come on the world wants to know as well as me how is handl aid glass 10%to 20% stinger than other methods . Dont puss foot !! give with the information !!! I want to know !! this is helpful information to all and everyone On this site !! :confused:
    I have heard this before from others as well and want to learn as much as i can about it so i to can pass it on to my grand children ! . Cut and paste the info from any where i dont care just need the answer plain , simple and truthfully !! or in you own words would be nice !!:p :D

7. apex1

apex1 Guest

You are illiterate tunnels! Learn to read, and learn to comprehend what you read!

If you want any info about that matter, which is not my problem nor my statement, cut and paste it yourself,

YOU are the master in that discipline.

In case you have forgotten my statements:
    Tunnels you should learn about GRP composites before you open your mouth!

And read before you contradict!

Adding 10 to 20% resin weight in a calculation of layups is the proven method to estimate the final weight, given the laminate is not vac. bagged or infused (nobody uses chopper guns and nobody did mention that), and given that the handlayup is not executed by a trained crew which can achieve a 50/50 laminate.

So, one calculates the resin weight being equal to glass weight in a professional handlayup, adding 10 to 20% resin weight in a homebuild. (depending on skills)

All clear amateur?:D

Now stop hijacking this thread with your dumb rant!

8. tunnels

tunnels Previous Member

So adding more resin is your answer ? but surely the glass only takes the resin it needs ! If you add more resin the laminate becomes heavyer and weaker! resin is brittle and therefore the laminate is weaker not stronger ?? Im a little confused !!
    I am sure theres a lot of people that are eager to learn all about how this works .
    Make it simple so theres no hidden meanings and i can get it first time without having to ask again !:D .

9. apex1

apex1 Guest

later edited to:

Illiterate idiot,

what are you trying to achieve? Ask anyone else to answer your question. Due to the fact that nobody made such statement, it does not matter whom you ask!

and again:

my answer:
    meant to the calculated figures, not to the laminate amateur!

Of course you did not understand that, but who cares, it was not adressed to you.

Now stop hijacking this thread.

10. tunnels

tunnels Previous Member

Answer the question !! Thats all i want !! Yes i am a illiterate Idiot ( but im really good looking ) please tell me how i can make the job 10%to 20 stronger !!! I want to learn from a expert such as youself , Please !!!!!!!:eek:

11. apex1

apex1 Guest

Get your medication tunnels, and then it´s bedtime.

12. tunnels

tunnels Previous Member

The question cant be any simpler why dont you answer it !!
    Anyone else want to know the answer ?
    I am A novice asking you to explain! you said that i know nothing so i would like enlightment please !!!!:mad:

13. apex1

apex1 Guest

What are you trying to prove here tunnels?

That you like to hijack threads with dumb drivel?

That you are a novice with barefaced attitudes?

That you are unwilling or unable to read and understand?

That you do´nt know FRP layups?

That you are cought pants down on every other statement? (there is a nice example above)
    That you are insane enough to ask ME to prove YOUR statements?

You must not deliver proof of that tunnels, we know that already since you posted your first false statements about VE resin properties here several month´s ago!

Now tell us why a handlayup is stronger than a gun layup? It was YOUR statement not mine. In fact nobody mentioned gun layup before YOU did. And nobody mentioned layup strength, before YOU did!

Then, show your brilliance, or keep your dumb mouth shut.

14. tunnels

tunnels Previous Member

tell me why are you getting so up set ?? :confused: look at what you have written ! It was stated that a hand lay up was 10%to 20% stranger than other methods of lay up ! All thats been asked is WHY IS IT STRONGER !!
    You have assumed that i said Gun lay up was better and in fact it can be if it is done right , The same resin ,the same glass ,and the same quantity! , simply the csm has no overlaps throughout the lay up apart from along the middle , Its laid all in one shot and the gun is used to wet out the other cloths and fabrics all at the same time .
    A gun is just a tool and in the hands of some one with experiance ,knowledge and knows what it all about can and does make a really nice job !! If all the measuring and weights of materials have been calulated before hand and you get everything right theres never a problem and the jobs done in far less time and you are able to move on to other jobs and so produce more work in less time !In other ways it called efficency!!
    Is that simple enough for all to understand !! :?:
    I have heard that hand lay up is stronger than what ive just said and now i am asking you politely and with great interest WHY !!how can it be ??what has changed to makes it stronger ?? :confused:
    Please tell us !! the suspence is killing me !!you are our guru , the one we all look up to , the one with all the answers to every question thats ever asked . Holyer than holy and the father of all that is created !!

15. apex1

apex1 Guest

Learn reading tunnels!

Learn reading tunnels!

Learn reading tunnels!

Learn reading tunnels!

Learn reading tunnels!

I DID NOT AND NEVER MAKE THAT STATEMENT !!!

Learn reading tunnels!

And, I am not upset! I am amused about your unbelievable stupidity!
    You try to get a reply on a statement I did never make, and you are not able to grasp that, even in the sixth attempt.

Must one push your nose into the **** to smell it? Go read my original post!
    Thats all one needs to comprehend! One needs, not tunnels.
    No, I have NOT assumed that you said that! You will not find that statement either.
    You should really learn reading! And give up your attempts to interpret my comments, reading does.
    To the rest of the quoted drivel:
    that of course is completely wrong. A professional done handlayup is not as rich as a gun layup. Therefore stronger at the same weight. A bagged or infused layup is even better.

You fail on every occasion tunnels.

to be a bit nice, I recommend a short look here:
    http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/boat-design/fiberglass-boat-structure-repair-34481.html#post395585
    you will find two (2) comments on chopped glass and weight. These 2 (two) members are boatbuilders as I am. Sure you will doubt there expertise as well.