speed props or racing lower units ?

Discussion in 'Propulsion' started by PowerTech, Mar 29, 2005.

1. PowerTech

PowerTech Senior Member

I have been serching high and low for a site that sells and or goes into detail about performance parts for 15 HP mercurys like for small hydroplanes.I have looked into quite a few hydoplane club sites and they don't get into the motors in detail and there links suck too.Mercury marine site is all fluff also.I want to know more about late model small racing mercs.I would like to see some stainless steel perfomance props for standard fishing lower units.And would like to see a race lower unit.I have serched for hours using these words in various combonations and have not found what i am looking for.could some one please post a link I would apreciate it.Thank you.

2. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

You're asking for trade secrets. Racers are rather secretive about what makes them win.

3. PowerTech

PowerTech Senior Member

Yea I geuse a racer would not tell you nothing.But I would think some one selling this stuff would do a better job geting it out there.If any of you readers have a hot little hydroplane could you tell me where to buy speed products for those little outboards.I am upgrading the gheenoe don't laugh ;)

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.