speed boat design

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by tonipu, Jan 12, 2021.

1. messabout

messabout Senior Member

Tonipu, are you confident that you are using the appropriate scale ratios for your models? Displacement is a function of the cube of the scale

A one to twenty five scale would imply that the weight of the full sized boat is to be diminished by a factor of 25 x 25 x 25 = 15,625. Then your model, if to scale, must weigh only about one pound for about seven tons of full sized boat. My experience with models is that larger scale is always more representative of what might happen with the full sized boat. Only asking about the scale factors. Carry on.

2. tonipu

tonipu Senior Member

I actualy make a 1:10 , if you can see in later video and picture, and i put also two propellers so to be more like areal boat

3. tonipu

tonipu Senior Member

propeler shaft and strut aligning

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.