Trimaran plan

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by bibi, Aug 17, 2009.

1. bibi

bibi Junior Member

Hello,
    I'm new on this forum, which is very interesting.
    I'm looking for fast trimaran plan about 25 to 28 FT, for amateur building in sandwich.
    Like farrier, Pulsar ( Eric lerouge) or Tritium 720 but with a little price ( about 500Euros max).
    I would like to have float with 200% buyancy, and a boat who is abble to do little race or week end cruise for 4.
    I'm soory for my bad English, i'm trying to improve it.
    Sincerly.
    I hope that my post is in the good way.

2. GTO

GTO Senior Member

3. redreuben

redreuben redreuben

4. catsketcher

catsketcher Senior Member

Don't save money on plans

Saving money by buying cheaper plans is very silly unless you only want to look at them. If you want to build the boat buy the plans that will save you money. Farrier's plans are so thorough you will save money compared to less extensive plans.

If the price of the plans is a killer you are going to be very hard pressed building the boat. You will waste money boat building whichever plans you use but good plans will drastically reduce wasted time and materials - good plans will save you thousands and will bring many more thousands when you sell. Saving money on plans is very dumb.

cheers

Phil

5. bibi

bibi Junior Member

Hello,
    I'm Ok with your threath.
    I am going to buy the plan of the tritium 720.
    I'm just waiting my old boat to be sold...
    Bye

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.