Sourcing Headliner

Discussion in 'Materials' started by JPC, Jun 27, 2006.

1. JPC

JPC Junior Member

Dumb question, but I've been trying to answer it intelligently and have totally failed! So, please help:

I'm going to replace the headliner in my 1979, 34' sailboat.

One option, of course is some kind of a vinyl/fabric that I'll stretch and staple in place. One source for this material is Redrum (for your reference, and let me know if you've got another suggestion).

The other route is a more firm/rigid material: lots of boats have a headliner that is made up from sheets of grooved vinyl: we've all seen it: it's white and the grooves give the impression of wood planking/strips.

I'm thinking that I will get a better result (with my feeble skills) with the latter product and that I'll be better able to sort out a way to access my winch and block bases without making a mess of things with that one.

Can anyone tell me what it's called and where to find it?

Many thanks,
    JPC

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.