paper tiger stretching

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by northerncat, Oct 12, 2009.

1. northerncat

northerncat Senior Member

i used to sail a paper tiger as a lad and loved the boat,a friend has the plans for one he has never built and im thinking of building it only i want to stretch it out to 16-18 ft as i am bit heavier than i used to be and id like to teach my children to sail and build a boat, cani i just take all the dimensions and scale them up using the appropriate multiple to end up with a larger but still pretty paper tiger
    sean

2. maxsalgado

maxsalgado Junior Member

I say go for it, you mught have problems finding the sails etc..

3. jamez

jamez Senior Member

Ron Given did design a bigger two-person version called the Tiger Shark. About 18 feet long I believe. looks just like a blown up PT.

4. northerncat

northerncat Senior Member

im probably after more of a 16 ft'r due to a concern that i know i can get a 16 ft cat up by myself and i am not sure that i could get an 18 ft cat up as my children are still young 10 and under and so would provide little assistance in the weight area.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.