Some Pictures of my tri-hulled Wooden Pontoon

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by WoodenPontoon, Oct 13, 2009.

1. WoodenPontoon

WoodenPontoon Junior Member

Thought I'd share some pictures of my recently launched Wooden Pontoon Boat. I've been working on her for almost 12 years.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

Beautifull

please post pics of the building over the years

and a bit of data - size - weight - motor -speed - consumption

anyway its fantastic - congratulations :D

3. WoodenPontoon

WoodenPontoon Junior Member

The outboard hulls are strip-built much like a canoe would be except the stations became internal bulkheads. The center hull is cold molded, as are the aft cushion supports and much of the undersides.

She is 22 1/2' with an 8 1/2' beam. I have not weighed her yet but my estimate would be 3000 pounds. There is a 1985 90 HP Evinrude outboard on her, which was re-manufactured and is still going through it's break-in period.

A friend clocked me at about 19 mph. The gas comsumption seems to be about 1 1/4 miles per gallon, but I expect this will improve after the break-in.

I have many pictures that I can post, but I'm not sure what people here are interested in. Most of my electronic pictures are from later in the build as I didn't have a digital camera eariler. I have a scanner so I could get the ones from the hull constructions if there is interest in those.

I just found the Wooden Boat section, so I have posted some additional pictures there as well.

4. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Very nice. Congratulations

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.