Some one has to start it, Americas default.

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Frosty, Jul 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. powerabout

powerabout Senior Member

i agree
    there is massive pressure everywhere to get temporary inported bangla and indians on $20/day and if they can do your job you had better get some more skills.

No need for it its just short sighted profit making
    mind you to compete with china you need to use zero cost prisoners on day releaase

2. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

In the not so distant future I forcast that some Afrcan Amercans may even return to Africa. I know some Pakiatanis are returning and I know some destitute mexicans are. This may not be as easy as first thought as there immigration policies are far far more stringent than ours seem to be and therfore they would not be able to with a --say British passport.

I talked with the massive Santander bank last night, I asked him what was there exposure to the European credit crisis as I could not find this info on the net. He said it was 4 billion pounds. I said Phew will you loose that, hes said so what --we make 8 billion a year profit.

I asked if he though that banks would go ahead and rase interst rates even before the Bank of England raise the base rate to get in cash to pay for the European crisis.

He said oh-- they have turned down 1.5 billion pounds this year in savnings accounts as they have no where to invest it and they are awash with cash.

He said do not invest in equities and hold cash for 12 months more. do not buy 5 year bonds that look attractive now becaue in 2-3 years time if the rates increase they will go up fast and you may be sitting on 5 when its 6.5 in the street.

He said America will show signs of recovery shortly.

3. powerabout

powerabout Senior Member

and spain has a solid economy??

4. CatBuilder

CatBuilder Previous Member

It's not just "some."

You can't find immigrant labor anymore, period, where I am. Now, it is all poor, out of work native people of European descent that are lining up to work for $7/hr BEFORE TAXES.

It's unreal. Good for me right now because I can get some fairing help (I pay much more than $7/HR). Bad for the workers. I feel very bad for them. They are out there at 4AM every day, hoping to get some work for $7/HR before taxes. Scary stuff.

I'm in a part of the country that is doing badly because it was the least expensive place to build the boat. Rents are also through the floor here.

5. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

The problem with Bangla and indians is there skills --(if you want to call it that) is way below our accetable standards, re training is needed before they start. They often bring with them poor standars of domesticity and personal hygene, poverty and family members needingh health care, and of course strange religious needs that they dont seem to be able to keep to them selves.

There reason for immigration usually has an underlying reasons that does not involve employment and taxation, probably ulimately social security, and even if they dont initially they tend to sway that way when they see the amount given for free that can easily sustain there way of life.

I say keep them where they are and move the factiories --- which is what is happening.

Wishing for a Toyata factory in your area may be the wrong thing to wish for.

Yes born and worked in Yorkshire England live amongst the Bangla Bradford population.

6. powerabout

powerabout Senior Member

I mean temp workers, break your finger and they are sent home with a fine....plenty more available.
    Some can actually weld quite well but the Class / Ship builder corrupt consortium allows them to weld tin foil together and call it a ship
    Seen plenty of failures but it is in design not welds
    Ship builders never learn so you see the same design faults fail over and over having the same failures as they steal each others faulty designs

( although in China a 3 pass weld means lay 2 rods into the v and weld over them)

7. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Spain is not Santander, He said would HSBC go bust if Hong Kong did.

That made me feel better I can tell you, those were the words right there. :)

Poor old Greece thay have nothing anyone wants, their olive sucking days in the sun are over. Trouble is they are not exactly industrial either,--selling ice cream on the promenade is not exportable, probaly not very good at fairing N stuff. Would be good at falling asleep on top of the toilets.

I think there doddering insecure incompetant President is the epitomy of a Greek.

Apart from Archemedes and some others,!!! Cleopatra didnt like em much either.

8. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

It rained all night so this mornings sun really got the humidity up real quick. But cap on I marched off to Mc donalds again to do battle. But this time it was Friday and it was 10.15am no problems I thought as long as I get there before 11 am and I can get a weekday special sausage Mcv muffin with egg,-- 4 ringet 50 cents.

One number 1 please,--Oh im sorry its a week day special ,--I said yes I know this is Friday,--oh yes sir Friday is weekend.

I said so when does week day start, sunday she said, I tuned and walked out again without breakfast.

I got about 100yds down the road and stopped, I turned, I walked back into Mc Donalds. The girls in thier head scarfs panicked like I was a suicide bomber, I walked up and said where is the manager.

The guy said I am sir-- I said look I like to eat sauasage Mc muffins I eat them in Sinagpore and Hongkong and even Penenag ,--I dont want hash browns or apple pie or an ice cream or even a toy out of the glass case, all I want is a Sausage Mc muffin with egg.

I said evey time I come here I cant get one either im too late and you tell me I have to eat lunch at 11 am or today Im told its a weekend even though its a Friday.

He sais but sir it is a weekend here in Malaysia,-- I sighed and said look I can go to the bank and withdraw money but cant buy a Mc donald? can I buy one tomorrow --no sir.

I said I am a customer and you are a resteraunt I am hungry with money in my pocket why do you try to tell me what I can eat and on what day.

He said Ok Ok Ok you can have a sausage Mc muffin with egg ---Hurra.

I straightened up and walked over to the cash desk and said proudly Sauasage Mc muffin with egg please. 4 ringet 50 cents sir.

Moral of the story-- dont fck about with frosty on a humid day.

Maybe I should go sort this greek debt crisis.

9. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

Well, I'm impressed. You're the only guy I know who ever won an argument with the automatons at a Micky Dee's.

10. Leo Lazauskas

Leo Lazauskas Senior Member

Did the egg seem runnier than usual?

Moral of the story - don't piss off restaurant staff, unless you like your food with extra body fluids.

11. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Youve never been to a Mc Donalds have you leo. The irony of the argument was that the sausage Mc,muffin with egg was already on the rack before I orderd it and as I was fighing for it. I could see it in the rack.

Its not that they dont sell them,--- I wanted the special weekday price or I had to have a weekend special of other stuff I didnt want.

Complicated isnt it --its shouldnt be, Just gime a fking sausage mc muffin with egg --thats not too hard is it.

I might go to kentucky fried chicken this evening,--see what they are up to.

Ille put my underpants outside my pants and wear a cloak and make a black mast.

Is this incompetance part of the demise of the economy? (I just threw that in so I wasnt too far off topic.)

12. rwatson

rwatson Senior Member

Let me educate you Mas

Get a container of your old oil.

Soak a rag in a little clean oil

Drape the rag over the dirty oil containers edge, and place the other end over an empty, 'clean oil' container'

In a few days, your clean oil container will be full - of cleaned oil, and there will only be sludge in the 'dirty oil' container. It works like a slow motion siphon.

This trick was used by every farmer during WW2, and except for the loss of the detergent component, your oil will be as good as new.

13. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Hmmm ide stick to banking if I were you. A syphon does not work like that, the bit of rag!!! that you want it to come from must be lower than the bit its going up.

Oil does not clean so easily or a filter would do it!!!

14. rwatson

rwatson Senior Member

I said 'like a siphon', not 'a siphon' for the purposes of illustration, and you do better if the rag or rope is lower at the 'clean end'.

As the first of the clean oil drips into the clean can, it creates a miniscule low pressure in the fibres of the rag. Then capilliary action of the cloth, or even rope, causes oil to progress along the fibres, till eventually the molecules of dirty oil ( minus dirt, ash, etc) 'wick' up into the cloth at the 'dirty end' .. and the process continues slowly over a few days.

See

http://endtimesreport.com/cleaning_engine_oil.html

and a dozen other sites provide details for you to verify the process.

eg
    http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?116881-how-to-clean-dirty-oil.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011

15. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Did I ever send you the one about how to make a jumbo jet with flies as engines.

It works too