Some one has to start it, Americas default.

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Frosty, Jul 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

... and whatever you need to defend it.

2. hoytedow

Once you are in the hole, quit digging.

3. michael pierzga

michael pierzga Senior Member

But But But...we now live in The New World Order. Prosperity thru debt.

The more you borrow, the more you consume , the more jobs are created. These newly employed can now borrow, consume and make even more jobs. Its unstoppable ..growing growing growing.....like a runaway bucket of two component foam

So ? what are you waiting for ? grab your credit card, book a holiday then pick up a new flat screen on the way home.

DONT BE LEFT BEHIND !! Join the New World Order before its too late..

4. powerabout

powerabout Senior Member

I think you are describing the US's history for the last 40 years

5. masalai

masalai masalai

- - Yep, since Nixon finalised the separation from any form of "gold-standard" and floated paper - it is now verrrry soggy and about to slowly start to sink...

My Bix Weir email is worthy of your review - herewith
    Having spent yesterday at the Occupy Oakland Protest I have come away with some very meaningful "takeaways"...
    - 1) "We The People" are fed up with the way the system is set up and abused by the powerful elite...
    - 2) Although they don't fully understand WHY the system is broken, the people know and feel the consequences in their daily lives...
    - 3) The 99% come from all walks of life. Young and old, smart and not-so-smart, strong and weak and every colour of the rainbow...
    - 4) 99.9% of the protesters are peaceful, well intentioned and abhor the small .1% of protester trouble makers...
    - 5) There is GREAT POWER in numbers when you KNOW that you are fighting for a just cause...
    - 6) This is NOT going to end well. It can't because there's no way to "fix" the system. The ONLY true solution is the destruction of the entire fiat monetary system...all electronic assets and debt...
    - 7) The people protesting will grow exponentially as the financial collapse continues to grow throughout the rest of the year...
    - 8) We The People" really do HAVE the power to take back our LIBERTY!
    - 9) I love my city and the diverse array of American Citizens that make up our little community...OAKLAND ROCKS!
    I will have more to say next week but I want everyone to consider joining the protests going on in your area... I know for many of you "protesting is not your thing" but if you're nervous about it...don't be... It is not as scary as you may think to join hands with people who may seem different than you... Very soon we will ALL be in the same state of desperation so acclimate yourself now, - by joining a march or introducing yourself to those people camping out...
    They are fighting for your freedom as well.
    On that note, I've posted the latest "Conversations With God...about Gold and Silver" article on the Public Road. You can find it here:
    - Part IV - Conversations with God...about Gold and Silver!
    http://www.roadtoroota.com/public/706.cfm
    May the Road you choose be the Right Road
    Bix Weir
    www.RoadtoRoota.com

www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=27397 "Worldwide Recession and the Credit Rating Agencies: What Is Their Impact On The Global Economy? " from GlobalResearch....... enjoy...

6. masalai

masalai masalai

http://www.caseyresearch.com/gsd/ed...galland-interviews-tocquevilles-john-hathaway
    Nearly 15% of the U.S. population relied on food stamps in August, as the number of recipients hit 45.8 million.

Food stamp rolls have risen 8.1% in the past year, the Department of Agriculture reported, though the pace of growth has slowed from the depths of the recession.

Mississippi reported the largest share of its population relying on food stamps, more than 21%. One in five residents in New Mexico, Tennessee, Oregon and Louisiana also were food stamp recipients.

This story was in the Monday edition of The Wall Street Journal...and I lifted it from yesterday's King Report. It's a short read...and the interactive graph imbedded in the story makes it worthwhile.

http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2011/11/01/some-15-of-u-s-uses-food-stamps/

7. hoytedow

Oakland mayor is a vacillating hack.

8. masalai

masalai masalai

"Your biggest risk is not that gold or silver may fall in price. Nor is it that gold stocks could take longer to catch fire than we think. Not even the prospect of the Greater Depression. No, your biggest risk is political. As bankrupt governments get increasingly desperate for revenue, any monetary asset held domestically could be a target. It is absolutely essential that every investor diversify themselves politically. In fact, at this point, it is the one action that should be taken before anything else." – Doug Casey, September 2011 - - http://www.caseyresearch.com/cdd/greatest-risk-gold-investors#section0

Attached Files:

9. masalai

masalai masalai

Where is the peace dividend that was supposed to come after the end of the Cold War? Where are the fruits of the amazing gains in efficiency that technology has afforded? It has been eaten by the bureaucracy that manages our every move on this earth. The voracious and insatiable monster here is called the Federal Code that calls on thousands of agencies to exercise the police power to prevent us from living free lives.

It is as Bastiat said: the real cost of the state is the prosperity we do not see, the jobs that don’t exist, the technologies to which we do not have access, the businesses that do not come into existence, and the bright future that is stolen from us. The state has looted us just as surely as a robber who enters our home at night and steals all that we love. - William “Bill” Bonner, The Daily Reckoning
    http://www.caseyresearch.com/gsd/ed...galland-interviews-tocquevilles-john-hathaway "THE WRAP" segment (scroll down....)

on the matter of "food-stamp" usage - http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2011/11/01/some-15-of-u-s-uses-food-stamps/

10. hoytedow

It was squandered by big government liberals with D's and R's after their names. Oh, and some had S's after their names, too.

11. CatBuilder

CatBuilder Previous Member

Actually, this is a valid point.

Technological advances have been a curse for many. I feel terrible, because I am one of the people that put hundreds out of work. I was young and didn't know better.

I owned a software company that developed custom software that perfectly fit the business processes at our clients' firms. We did well until one municipality decided to walk out on a $80K bill just after 9/11 (which also impacted the business terribly). I did the right thing and paid my employees, losing everything.

However, we put a lot of people out of work. I mean a LOT.

Our systems made paper filing jobs obsolete. They made some supervisory jobs obsolete. They made assistants obsolete. They even replaced entire departments.

Think about a toll both. Ever see the new electronic toll passes?

Those passes replace 8 to 10 toll booth workers on many toll booths in the States. There was always the promise that there would be more tech jobs in the future. So... that displaced toll booth worker just has to go to school and they can then maintain the new electronic tolls.

HOWEVER... this didn't pan out. Each toll booth complex lost maybe 8 to 10 employees to the electronic tolls. However, it takes far less than 1/2 and employee to maintain the automated systems.

We have automated ourselves out of many jobs. Aside from all the outsourcing, this is a major reason for huge corporate profits and incredible productivity. They are able to have great productivity with very few employees.

Technology was suppose to free human kind to pursue other interests.

However, we are seeing old thinking coupled with new technology. If one of those toll booth workers is now out of work, many would suggest they are lazy, they are stupid and should not be helped. Maybe the word "help" is what's wrong here.

There are less jobs than there are able and willing workers. This is a systemic issue. Technology has played a role in it.

Maybe... just maybe... society needs to be reorganized. Maybe everyone should have the basic right to food, health care and a modest dorm-style roof over their heads since there are not enough jobs (and will not be) to support the population.

From there, maybe you could upgrade through hard work to get your own nice house, fancy car and go out to eat. But... there should be a shift in what people consider "unemployed" or "welfare" is. It used to mean something when there were jobs. Now that there are not longer (and will no longer be) enough jobs to support the population, the outlook needs to change.

12. masalai

masalai masalai

http://www.goldmoney.com/video/gerald-celente-macleod-interview.html?gmrefcode=gata This is a good one.... Gerald Celente talks to Alasdair Macleod - Near the end of the video Gerald makes a very good case for buying and holding gold and what GOLD IS ALL ABOUT.... understand that and apply what you understand and you will realise what you should do...

Then read http://www.caseyresearch.com/cdd/burgeoning-trouble-colombia "Burgeoning Trouble in Colombia?" and several other brief essays/current affairs commentary...

Hi CatBuilder,
    That automated self-serve services are SPREADING like a sick disease... Automated tolls on roads, Automated self checkout "FAST LANES" even at small local shops - I refuse to use and voice loudly my displeasure at forcing "check-out-chicks" to seek employment elsewhere...

Sometimes, when the "mood strikes", on the odd occasion when I have just one or two items, I get in such a "mess" and behave so badly (confused in dementia) - that there are often 2 staff come to help me out, (bloody good acting for a grumpy old *******), and effusively thank those in attendance for their HUMAN assistance... I hope us grumpy old ******** have some good uses, - - in ensuring employment for the young school-levers needing to get some employment history...

http://www.gata.org/node/10635 is quite disturbing and will give some understanding as to the corruption and fraud at the very top...

13. bntii

bntii Senior Member

Unemployment in the states were at 20 year lows just before this recession set in.

Does this support the ideal that: "there are not longer (and will no longer be) enough jobs to support the population, the outlook needs to change."

Or that a paradigm change has occurred whereas a large percentage of the population is displaced from the workplace by technology?

Economic downturns are defined by low employment rates.
    I am hesitant to sell this event for more than it is worth.

14. powerabout

powerabout Senior Member

without a sudden recession when tech is dropped on the market with may remove jobs in the first instant, but there was a business that created that tech and the money saving it created will be spent elsewhere.
    Do we still lament over alll the people that fixed wagon wheels, think of the leisure industrys and how many people they employ

Who want to sit in a toll booth anyway...that should have been automated from day 1

WHere did all the engineers go from the cockpit now everything is 2 man cockpit and how many more planes are flying with cheaper air fares

15. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

There isnt enough jobs to go round and it gets worse by the day as not only technology reduces the need for man power cost ( money again) drives down labour where ever possible.

Austerity measures will hit us all. Its possible that flat TVs and houshold luxuries may be athing of the rich in the future.

Prostitution , fishing, home laundry, handy man, and cottage industries will become common place.

Wages will drop from the market forces of the massive number of unemployed.

The senario above is already here and it will intensify.

Nothing to fear but crime as there is always some parasite looking for an easy way out.