Some one has to start it, Americas default.

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Frosty, Jul 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bntii

bntii Senior Member

The real scandal is that guns have been crossing the boarder by the thousands which are sold by unscrupulous gun dealers
    The guns sellers are protected by fanatical gun rights laws in the US. The ATF is too weak to be able to patrol the boarder in a manner which could hope to control the illicit trade.
    The program was designed to track the movement of guns so as to interdict specifically against the cartels in Mexico- it was succeeding.

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2011/08/30/mexican_roulette?page=0,0

We are now back to status quo- thousands of guns being sold legally in the US are crossing the border in the illicit trade.
    Few effective tools exist to act against the cartels to which the guns are headed.

Good job everyone.

2. Bamby

Bamby Junior Member

A good question for folks out of the good old USA Frosty. And it deserves a reliable source link of exactly what it is suppose to represent.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (abbreviated ATF) is a federal law enforcement organization within the United States Department of Justice.[3] Its responsibilities include the investigation and prevention of federal offenses involving the unlawful use, manufacture, and possession of firearms and explosives; acts of arson and bombings; and illegal trafficking of alcohol and tobacco products. The ATF also regulates via licensing the sale, possession, and transportation of firearms, ammunition, and explosives in interstate commerce. Many of ATF's activities are carried out in conjunction with task forces made up of state and local law enforcement officers, such as Project Safe Neighborhoods. ATF operates a unique fire research laboratory in Beltsville, Maryland, where full-scale mock-ups of criminal arsons can be reconstructed.

The agency is led by Kenneth E. Melson, Acting Director[4] and William J. Hoover, Acting Deputy Director.[5] ATF has nearly 5,000 employees and an annual budget of $1.12 billion (2010).[2]

But I'm thinking they are really failing and falling flat on their faces myself.

3. powerabout

powerabout Senior Member

waco texas..were ya been frosty

4. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Derned revenuers.

5. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Waco what!! na ive never been to the states ,

I dont wana bullet up the arse--- hole.
    I dont want my bollocks shot away
    Ide rather stay in Thailand
    in merry merry Thailand
    and fornicate my fking life away -cor blimey.

What me go the the USA they would probably make me president or something and the girls would just love the accent and my flat cap and rain coat.

6. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Ive been thinking,--maybe I should go to USA

7. Boston

Boston Previous Member

if you do be sure and check out that gun shop and pick up something special for the missus

8. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Hmmm that bad eh?

9. IMP-ish

IMP-ish powerboater

Maybe to bring home and make her life a little easier by putting you to work :D :D :D

10. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Sigh,---- 'Made in America' thats the word from Europe. It apears that the instigator of greeks debt is --yes youve guessed it derivatives sold to Greece 10 years ago by Goldman Sachs, the unmarked building in Wall street. That started it off apparantly.

I wonder why its unmarked --I mean why would you say "take the sign down'

Could it be that they are ashamed of themselves but still keep being naughty.

11. CatBuilder

CatBuilder Previous Member

Sure. It must be Goldman that took out Greece. Nothing to do with nearly 100% of your pay pensions when you retire at 50 or a lack of tax revenue and enforcement. Must be Goldman.

12. michael pierzga

michael pierzga Senior Member

Greece has non competitive economy , yet holds the Euro...the same Euro that Germany holds. The Euro was very good for Greece because it gave the Greeks low interest rates. Unfortunately they borrowed so much that they simply cannot repay. They should stop complaining, fold their cards and rebuild under their own national currency. The Europeans..GERMANS...should devise a strategy that allows Greece to fold their cards and cause the least collateral damage to fellow EU members.

13. hoytedow

...or down if you fall off the boat and break a leg.

14. hoytedow

The Euro Union was a bad idea from the beginning. Guard your borders and your wallets. Use your own currency. Don't depend on foreigners to have your best interests at heart.

Nationalism is superior to internationalism.

15. CatBuilder

CatBuilder Previous Member

Exactly. In some ways, I feel sorry for the Germans.

I remember doing business there in the late 1990's. The people from the former "West Germany" were still unhappy about having to support "East Germany" from the fall of the Berlin Wall.

Now, they are doing the same with Greece, although I understand Greece is a major consumer of German goods.