Some one has to start it, Americas default.

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Frosty, Jul 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

A cool front rolled through. Went camping to Sebastian Inlet State Park for a shakedown of the re-built trailer. It worked great,is comfortable and easy to tow and even had room for bicycles inside(once front wheels were removed, having quick release mechanisms) which we chained up with tow chains at night. Pictures follow.

Attached Files:

2. powerabout

powerabout Senior Member

What about that clown Dumbsfelt who used President Dumbo and fake data ( supplied by a meglamanic in the UK) to invade Iraq just to settle an old score with George Senior

3. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

It's all just very Machiavellian, this political stuff. Please come soon, Messiah.

4. bntii

bntii Senior Member

The bill is not drafted but it appears that the "Buffett Rule" presented by Obama deals specifically with capital gains:

"What could Congress do to make sure those investors at the tippy-top of the income scale pay more tax? Not much point in raising their rates on ordinary income to the pre-2001 levels of 39.6 percent since they don’t make much of their money on wages and salary."

"That leaves the tax treatment of investments. The chairs of Obama’s fiscal commission, Erskine Bowles and Alan Simpson, would raise capital gains rates even as they cut rates on ordinary income. So would the Bipartisan Policy Center."

"The plan's name refers to billionaire Warren Buffett, who has complained that wealthy Americans pay less than their fair share in taxes under the current tax code.

"In particular, Buffett says, wealthy taxpayers who generate significant investment income pay the lower capital gains rate on that money. Obama's proposal would be designed to prevent a resulting imbalance."
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/beltway/2011/09/22/obamas-buffett-rule-keep-your-eye-on-capital-gains/

"Obama will propose several tax changes, one White House official said, adding that the Buffett Rule would replace the current Alternative Minimum Tax that was created to ensure people paid a minimum percentage of their income in taxes."

"According to the White House official, the Buffett Rule would impact only 0.3% of taxpayers -- fewer than 450,000 individuals. The president will not specify a specific rate or details of the Buffett Rule in announcing his proposal, leaving it to Congress to decide how to calculate such a rate as part of the larger debate over rewriting the tax code, the official said."
    http://articles.cnn.com/2011-09-18/...sal-tax-code-capital-gains-tax?_s=PM:POLITICS

I guess we will both know how it goes soon.

Thanks

5. bntii

bntii Senior Member

Looks great hoyte!

I bought an Element this year and am considering building a teardrop trailer for it as well.

6. bntii

bntii Senior Member

OK- what the heck are the guidelines for citation on this forum?

I had thought that the moderator had asked on this thread for a clean up on this issue and can not find the post......
    I generally just use quotation marks and provide a link to establish authorship.

Enough??

And the 'soapbox':
    Bad information appears to be more viral than good on the net.
    Cut and paste of documentation from less than valid sources is not evidence of anything except perhaps the lack of discernment on the part of the poster...

7. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

Mostly, it seems Jeff would rather we not cut and paste entire articles or items, or big swaths of them, instead of providing a summary and/or excerpt along with a link.

There are things called 'copyright laws.' I doubt anyone would bother us for an occasional article or column, as long as what we post is properly attributed and a link provided to the original source. But since Jeff is the owner, he not unreasonably thinks "I doubt" isn't good enough. Can't blame him for that....

8. Boston

Boston Previous Member

bntii
    Take a paragraph or two and then note where you got it. If its open access then you can grab more or all of it, but if it says its copy then just link to a quote or two. Its a pain in the *** but its the way its gotta be.

Ya Dave I gotta go with bntii on this one, what exactly is it you think is any less corrupt about the republitards than the democraps. How is it a flock of whacked out ultra right winger religious wack jobs clearly living in dream land are going to do any better than a pile of self righteous unorganized just as corrupt as anyone else bleeding hearts.

Both parties have failed completely

Its time for both to go

I think an independent party would have a pretty good shot or at least I hope it would. Personally Im going to find an occupy rally and raise as much hell as possible. Both parties need a wake up call.

I believe the problem was once referred to as "tyranny by minority" (no pun intended) Deal is just cause some fool group of tea teetotalers wants to create its own sick version of Quaker state or the keystone cops, Obummerland, doesn't mean the people are going to sit back and take it. This whole Occupy thing is long overdue. If we play the revolt right, we might actually get some positive change out of it. Deal is there's an entire younger generation thats having a hard time ignoring that the top 400 money earners in the USA earn more than the bottom 50% combined. People are getting pissed off.

one small problem I hear about all the time at the nightclub thats really pissing of some pretty bright folks is a classic example

I have friends who earned degrees and have jobs but can't earn enough to pay back there student loans. Thats as much the schools fault as anyone's, there the educators, shouldn't they have known of the nonviable economics of certain degree's and either not offered those degrees or offered them at rates that allow successful students to be economically viable given the prevailing wage of that degree. If its not profitable for the school at those rates then don't offer the class, rather than knowingly screw your students.

I hear that one all the time.

Another is my machinist friend of mine, I built his machine shop quite some time ago and these days he's mostly making patterns that get shipped to China. He's not broke yet, but he's well on the way.

Both parties created this mess and neither has the intellect/integrity to fix it.

personally I'm really hoping the revolution is on.

9. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Im shrugging my shoulders, can you see it --Im doing it now.

Do you have a TV, thats a television,--its a communication device.

I really want to know do you have one and do you plug it in and turn it on?

The Americans have been revolting in Wall street for 2 weeks,-- you dont know about it?

10. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

I think it was Mark Twain who said, "a lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes."

11. bntii

bntii Senior Member

12. bntii

bntii Senior Member

OK OK.. so I am self righteous, unorganized and corrupt but "bleeding heart"?

Don't you think that is over stating the case a bit?

13. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

There's a difference between a revolt and a demonstration. What you're seeing is hardly a revolution; it's just street theater to gain the attention of TV cameras. If the cameramen went home, so would the protesters....

14. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Oh !!! I just saw the streets full in wall street, protesters were wall to wall --I though it was serious --apparantly not --sorry to bother you.

Just a photography shoot eh?

We will see.

15. Bamby

Bamby Junior Member

Would somebody be willing to explain this sorry state of affairs away....

Many Americans are living constantly under financial stress wondering how they can make it week to week. It is certainly a struggle. There are soon to be 45 million people on food stamps and unemployment remains at 22.4%.

One of the main reasons for this state of affairs is that in 11 years 11.7 million good paying jobs have been shipped to foreign low wage countries in the name of free trade, globalization, offshoring and outsourcing. That includes the loss of 450,000 companies to foreign lands and no one ever talks about it, especially our Congress. This gutting of the US economy goes on daily and it is expected that we will lose 20 million more jobs in the next ten years, and 20 million more in the following ten years. That means very few able bodied men will have jobs. Is it any surprise that American men and women live in fear of losing their jobs. Will they be included in the next layoffs? These fears have caused families to sell things they don’t need to raise cash to live on. Anything is up for sale. In this past year 2.6 million more Americans were thrown into poverty, the biggest increase in 52 years. Six million Americans between 25 and 34 are living with their parents and at the rate jobs are being lost to China and other countries that figure will grow over the next 20 years.

The average income after taxes is about $3,000 a month (I'm thinking this is a very generous figure)and for a family of four that is not very much to live on. We see college graduates working for $2,400 a month in the black economy and at the same time collecting unemployment trying to make ends meet. What happens when unemployment runs out? Compounding the problems we have 15 million illegal adult illegal aliens fighting those college grads for those jobs.

Costs continue to escalate as a matter of public policy, as inflation reaches 11.4% in the real world. Now government even admits to 3.8%. How do Americans cope with costs growing over 10% a year? How about retirees who haven’t had a COLA increase in more than two years, as government lies about inflation? At the same time the super Congress enabling committee wants to cut $400 billion each from Social Security and Medicare. Those are funds that have been paid in by citizens for more than 50 or 60 years. What kind of a government is it that does such things? Yes, the government is the enemy. The young families simply cannot make it without help from their parents, even those in there 40s. How can anyone afford health care? There are 50 million Americans without health care due to perpetually rising costs. Layoffs are up 14% and unemployment rises again. How can a man support a family on $10.50 an hour? His $30.00 an hour job is now in China, India or Mexico. In order to make ends meet, debt has been brought to staggering levels. The average American household has income of $26,000 and debt of $75,000. The entire situation gets worse every day as consumers cut back. For almost 12 years Washington has had no jobs policy or growth policy for that matter. It is bail out the financial sector and the government. There is nothing for people – no solutions.

Source: http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=26878