Some one has to start it, Americas default.

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Frosty, Jul 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masrapido

masrapido Junior forever

Well, dere yu go. Even I couldn't put it better...

:)

2. masrapido

masrapido Junior forever

If I may offer a perfect example of nationalisation:

When oil prices go up, I pay more for petrol.

When peso goes down, I pay more for petrol.

When peso goes up I still pay more for petrol (the price never goes down)

When dollar goes up, I pay more for petrol.

When peso goes up, I pay more for petrol. (just in case I failed to mention it earlier...)

Shell, Mobil, BP and alikes are private companies that seem to have a perfect system to drain my hard-earned work from me no matter what.

They always raise their personal bonuses and share it with their cronnies politicians through "donations", which donations are then used in the best interest of the nation: making politicians richer.

Nationalisation by the book.

;)

3. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

What was that on telly yesterday. 56 million Americans live in poverty under 22,000 dollars for a family of 4.

It said thats 1 in 5 so at least one of you here is in poverty.

Where is poverty any way --is it in California.

Greece owes a mere 78 billion. USA owes 13 trillion -thats 13,000 billion and increases every year by 1,300 billion.

Greece is chicken feed in comparison but they are doing something about it.

Americas is doomed.

4. masrapido

masrapido Junior forever

5. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

USA goes further into debt by1.3 trillion per year and cant do anything about it. If for some strange circumstances they managed to cut that back and actually(dont laugh) reversed that into a credit of 1300 billion per year it would still take 55 years to pay it back.

This is just mind boggling, it cant happen.

6. powerabout

powerabout Senior Member

Greece can do something about it
    just declare bankrupt and sure as hell nothing will change
    That would be an EU action after all they invented the Euro just to prevent them from all collapsing like a house of cards maybe all they have done is delay it whist the silly old farts thatr run these countries get their pensions

7. masalai

masalai masalai

Arrrrgh you missed a couple of key items there in USA it is nearer 700 TRILLION... Look carefully at the debt clock and you will see...

8. rwatson

rwatson Senior Member

Hdeeeey - its too big to fail!

Whats the old saying ...

If you owe $10,000 - you have to worry

If you owe $100,000 - the bank has to worry :p

.... or in this case - everyone that America owes has to worry

9. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

They are building a new rocket to go further into space. I dont know where the money is coming from, but I guess they don't care --they make that perfectly clear.

Maybe they are going to Mars and doing a runner and then nuke the world as they leave the atmosphere.

I cant think of any other realistically possible solution to get out of such catastrophic debt.

10. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

Y'know, some of you folks are going to die disappointed when the US doesn't crash and burn in your lifetime, and leave all us evil Americans desperately scrabbling through the ruins looking for cans of beans.

It doesn't help my opinion of mankind to add up the number of people here who are gleefully hoping that will happen, rather than simply warning against it. But I'd like to point out that the imminent demise of the United States of America has been predicted on a regular basis for a couple of hundred years now (mostly by Americans), and it hasn't happened yet.

I have no problem with the idea that its influence over the rest of the world is going to wane over the coming years. It's inevitable. But that will happen as a natural consequence of other countries and regions becoming stronger, rather than being some sort of judgment on this country.

Frankly, I wish a whole lot of those places would hurry up and get their **** together. Then the US could stop trying to babysit them, and maybe our politicians would start to focus on our own problems instead.

11. Dave Gudeman

Dave Gudeman Senior Member

Sorry to disappoint you, Frosty, but you've been taken in by federal creative bookkeeping designed for political purposes. Almost all of those "poor" people have good clothing, live in comfortable places with modern appliances and even some luxuries like big-screen TV and Xbox, and have never gone hungry for lack of money. They aren't even living in crowded conditions for the most part; the average living space of "poor" people in the US is larger than the average living space for the general population in many European countries.

The number of genuinely poor people in the US is less than 2%.

12. rwatson

rwatson Senior Member

I agree Troy about the future of the US - but I don't think the US 'Babysits' anyone - unless they have substantial business interests there.

Afghanistan - 'babysitting ?' I don't think so, its a strategic asset.
    Iraq ? - again, strategic
    Libya ? - also lots of oil

Now - except for the CIA in South America and Asia ... who else is the US 'babysitting' ? We aren't getting our 'Joint Stealth Fighters' for free in Australia ... come to think of it - we still haven't got any ! See what you can do Mate.

13. masalai

masalai masalai

I tried helpful and concerned discrete warnings, gaining in urgency up until a bit after the first crash... The deniers saw to it that useful data was deleted along with the comments that had become quite acrimonious and vicious... Do as you wish, all I do now is post what may be of interest to a discerning few?

Discover what most of the rest of the world thinks of USA? - I still cannot comprehend the seeming divergent views as expressed for "internal USA consumption" and what is said/written for "foreign readership/listening" from the SAME sources inside USA.... Which is mostly what I link to...

There is not much of the world that still needs "nanny support" except those that are "critical to USA interests"... Let them do their own thing and fall as they may...

14. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

It may have escaped your attention but the thread is titled Americas default. so why are you disturbed at Americas default being discussed.

Evil Americans ? where did you get that from,---you said it.

If you like you can do a European or Greece default thread if you want and I don't think USA would be mentioned.

Who do you think USA is babysitting? I can think of at least one that is babysitting America.

Americas default in my life time, Oh yes,-- please please please and pretty please.

It makes me laugh when Obama looks to the left and to the right but never infront waving his 50 billion job idea and two stern faced, square jawed Americans behind him nodding there heads like they know what they are doing.

Hey if they had any idea of what they were doing they would be doing it. They cant even get a decision to all agree that something needs doing.

Some Americans think they can inflate thier way out of debt.

Look at Christine le Gueard and Berkell they do stuff every day.

Apathy or incompetance --you decide.

Maybe God will save you,--yeah thats another way ive heard discussed.

Its too big for you,--you are proof that countries too big can not be managed. History in the making.

Tell me, whats it feel like standing on the Titanic shouting its ok --it cant sink,---it just can't.

15. bntii

bntii Senior Member

Default?

The US dept just arrived at 100% of our GDP.

Unprecedented?
    No.

Unsurvivable?
    No.

The last time we saw these dept levels was at the close of WWII after having finance the war for ourselves and a few others..

Was there a general hue and cry about the giant falling over crushing all in its path?
    No- there was a generation of further expenditures from the US towards the world community and a recovery from the dept in the US.

What will happen now?
    The politicians will make hay as the time to force through ones platform is when there is seeming crisis.
    We will lose many gains in important programs which our government supported.

In five years time this topic will be a bit boring as the US will still be stumbling along arguing as always about how the ship should be steered and the rest of you lot will still be doing in the same in your own houses.

Take a look at just about any selection of countries dept to GDP during this global recession- they follow about the same line. Some worrisome stumbling among mature economies in many places..
    The time for real concern is passed though- who was wringing their hands during the boom of a few short years ago?
    We are all sitting at the bottom of the cliff- get up, dust yourselves off and get back to work.