Somali pirates

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by bntii, Feb 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masalai

masalai masalai

Cats are a scourge in Australia and turn feral to decimate the native birds & animals that have no defence. - The trouble is that there are not enough cat cooking recipes to induce their targeting by "hunters and wanderers"

Dogs are a "pack animal and when the "alpha" - hopefully the owner - is inept or lacks care or training to remain ALWAYS the pack "alpha" there will be trouble...

Owners who loose control of their "pets" need to be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

2. CatBuilder

CatBuilder Previous Member

That's really it. I don't mind dogs at all if they are leashed, in accordance to all laws in the USA. However, many people just unleash these dogs in crowded, public areas.

I find on docks, that dogs assume the dock is an extension of the boat they are riding on and assume the dock is their territory.

The dog that attacked me was some kind of a boxer pit bull kind of thing. Short, very wide, huge head, etc... Before it could bite me, I did some quick thinking on my feet.

I was carrying large water jugs and used those to push the dog off the dock into the icy waters.

We, too, have feral cats in the warm parts of the States. There are many of them around my build location.

3. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

We have a pit bull/boxer mix guarding the yard in one of our houses; we haven't lost anything in the ten years he's been there. He's a total sweetheart; the kind who thinks that if he does it r e a l slow, maybe you won't notice he's worming his way into your lap an inch or two at a time-- where I guess he figures he'll curl up like one of my wife's Pomeranians.:p

He's also bat-**** crazy. If you get him excited -- for example by showing up after being gone for a few days, he gets so excited he runs around biting on trees, fences, furniture, his fellow dogs..... and he gets so blindly ferocious when someone he doesn't know gets near the yard that no one's ever challenged him by coming over it, to see if he'd follow through. Good thing; he would.

4. Milehog

Milehog Clever Quip

A humane way to train cats is to place tape 'mines' sticky side up where you don't want them.

1 person likes this.
  5. Yobarnacle

Yobarnacle Senior Member holding true course

You need more chinese restaurants in Australia. Never see stray cats near one.

Far too many owners don't understand their dogs. Just one example. You see people walking their dog on a leash. Is the dog at their heel? Or straining the leash out in front? The alpha leads the pack. Who is "alpha" in that last scenario?

Many breeds are one man dogs. They'll tolerate family members, but their love and allegience is only to one. That was the problem with the black lab I had to destroy. He was MY dog. My family treated him very well whenever I was gone to sea. But I suspect the reason he ran away was went looking for me. He eventually had to eat or starve. You read the rest of the story.

6. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Yes --we all watch the dog whisperer.

7. Yobarnacle

I never have.

8. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Well he's a Mexican that thinks he knows stuff no one else does.

Youde like him,--oh and he has a nanny goat beard thing, you know hair round his mouth for some strange un-hygienic reason.

9. Yobarnacle

i don't watch tv

10. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

I don't wish to be rude but it is obvious actually that you do not.

Watching documentaries with eyes ears download information (i used to know this) at many many gigabytes per sec than reading at mere kilobites.

So where do you get your high horse holier than thou butter would'nt melt attitude that comes across.

The joys of information on Tv today is just wonderful and Im talking proper stuff from Uk' Horizon' for instance.

You cant watch it on your 22 inch job. Mind you if I had a 22 inch I probably would not either, buy a new one - go on ---for the wife.

11. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Frosty's wife would be peeling those off him on a daily basis.

12. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

I saw a cat today sleeping at the side of the road --its very hot at the moment so a cat sleeping on the steel base of a road sign made me examine closer -- It appeared to be the ginger from across the road sleeping soundly, so soundly was it, I came to the conclusion it was dead. OH I LAUGHED MY BUTT OFF.

But then I cried, Oh I cried my eyes out because there was only one of them and they have 3.

13. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Gingerly he rolls along as feral as can be!

He does his job and kills the rats and keeps them far from me!

Attached Files:

14. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

If you have rats and vermin in your area then cats can be usefull--we have no rats here, just early morning birds such as the Eastern cuckoo or the Minor bird, swallow, blue kind of humming bird. Cats go away and die, get back to hell from whence you obviously came, evil cruel monsters. I suffer little shock to learn that you Hoyt like cats. Ille wager sir that when you look in a mirror there is no image.

As I type I hear the waling of male cats outside my house. Sounds from hell as they are.

15. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

There's this thing called reading for content, Frosty. You can actually learn stuff without having it spoon-fed to you at talking speed, just by picking up books, magazines, newspapers, etc. I can read and absorb the gist of a news article in the time it takes a talking head on TV to tell me the name of his program....

1 person likes this.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.