new SunReef design

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by brian eiland, May 1, 2016.

1. brian eiland

brian eiland Senior Member

The Sunreef Supreme 68 Eagle Wings is the first launch within the new Sunreef Supreme Range. This spectacular sailing catamaran was premiered at this year’s Singapore Yacht Show and attracted a lot of attention. It was the first time the industry has seen a sailing catamaran under 24 meters in length with a total living space equaling 300 sqm - the kind of comfort you would normally expect to find on a superyacht.

http://www.sunreef-yachts.com/

I don't know what others think, but I personal think it is an UGLY design !

Attached Files:

2. upchurchmr

upchurchmr Senior Member

+1 for UGLY.
    Looks like it has no clearance from bridge deck to water besides looking like you tried to put sails on a concrete block house.

Will that small of a rig even overcome the aero drag?

To each his own.

3. daiquiri

daiquiri Engineering and Design

I agree with you. That superstructure looks like it was assembled from leftovers of a house construction yard.
    Doesn't look like a boat made for seas.

4. Rurudyne

Rurudyne Senior Member

It's a sailing houseboat. Possibly a motor-sailing houseboat with all that windage.

Ever seen pictures of a Corvette station wagon conversion? And, yes, I had to use an "a" rather than a "the" in that sentence....

5. Skyak

Skyak Senior Member

If you are on board all you see is lots of big tall windows so you don't notice how ugly it is.

It's a big chunk of coastal real estate that won't flood from global warming.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.