Freeship problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by Red Dwarf, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Red Dwarf

Red Dwarf Senior Member

I have modeled a hull in freeship and have a little issue. It doesn't cause any problems other than aesthetic and bad surfaces when I export it. I can easily fix the bad surfaces after export but I would like to learn what I am doing wrong.

If you look at the attached pictures there is a web connecting some points that doesn't belong there. I put some arrows in the wireframe picture, they point to some weird little blue lines that are causing the phantom web in the shaded view.

Any idea what is causing this? Fixes? If someone needs the model to help send me a PM and I will email it to you.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Olav

Olav naval architect

Red Dwarf,

the problem is that you have no real control over the weight of the control points in Freeship/Delftship. However, you can solve the problem quite easily:

Connect the knuckle control point to another point roughly opposite to the first one and make it a creased edge. See attached image for clarification.

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  3. Red Dwarf

Red Dwarf Senior Member

Worked perfect.:D

Thanks. Was the problem that the transom surface had too many edges?

4. lewisboats

lewisboats Obsessed Member

The right amount of edges but not enough "pull" or anchor if you will.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.