SolGato’s Lateen Crab Claw Rig

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by SolGato, May 12, 2021.

1. SolGato

SolGato Senior Member

Looks like fun! Thanks

Hard to tell from video if the tack of the sail is adjustable port to starboard, or if they are just using the rope doubled over as a stay. It looks to be centered throughout the video.

What I’m wondering is if making the tack adjustable using a track and car so that you could move the tack back and forth along the front beam via control lines would allow for better on/off wind points of sail.

Granted it wouldn’t be as fast or efficient, but if you could point the boat in more directions and keep the sail off the leeward A-frame mast, it might be a handy option.

Like you said it’s always good to experiment.

I had to recycle a very expensive printer the other day that had (2) 4’ long anodized aluminum T-tracks on it. So I removed them thinking they would be perfect for the adjustable tack track.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.