IGES to delftshipt to Michlet...

Discussion in 'Software' started by Lukas, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Lukas

Lukas Junior Member

Hi,

When I import an IGES into Delftship, using VRML format, it imports my shape in meters instead of millimeters. I then scale it down in all dimensions by a 1/1000 factor and I get the right draft (which makes me think that it should be OK).

I then export as Michlet, entering all the parameters for skin frictin, wave resistance, hull separation distance as this is a catamaran and then:

- either does Michelt bugs
    - either it opens but there is no shape in the differents view windows

In all cases, the export has not worked.

Can anyone tell me where I am wrong?

Could I send the file to someone that knows how to convert thses with the different parameters to get a hand?

Thanks in advance, Lukas

2. Guest625101138

Guest625101138 Previous Member

You can attach the iges file to a post if it is not a secret. Otherwise email me direct with it. rickwill@bigpond.net.au

You need to advise the hull spacing if you have a single hull. Also what is your maximum speed of interest.

Rick W

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.